Sold out or not and Norovirus onboard ship

My wife and I are booked on a P and O cruise on Oceana on the 19th of October.I happened to notice last week the cruise was taken off sale so we assumed the cruise was sold out.Over the last couple of days the cruise went back on sale again with all types of cabins available.Why would this be?.We had an email from P and O yesterday stating their had been a small outbreak of Norovirus onboard ship and extra sanitation measures were being put in place.Could people be cancelling,hence cabins were back on sale.

I tried to book a last minute deal a while ago which I had been looking at for some time, the morning I tried everything was completely sold out, in the afternoon back available. My travel agent at Bolsover said that they often close all the cabin grades off while they are allocating the cabins to people who have booked on the saver fares. That could explain it?

This can often happen when the cruise operator is allocating the cabins for all the people book on early saver & saver fares, they will allocate the bookings then when this has been done put the remainder back on general sale. As OWT has advised this seems to be a regular problem for all cruise lines & hospitals alike as it can be spread by 1 person who has poor personal hygiene, most go unreported unless the media are having a quiet day.