Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup

Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup means..... Eat well, laugh often, love abundantly.

Oceania cruises which is so up and coming is all about food and is hosting cruises by their renowned French Chef Jacques Pepin. 

What do you think of Oceania?  It has some amazing prices and offers and is surely worth a try if you want to break away from the mainstream.

I was lucky enough to go on Oceania Marina recently and can honestly say i was absolutley wowed by this ship. It is a perfect size ship and i loved the decor onboard and the amazing artworks but i was impressed mostly by the restaurants and imparticular the grand dining room which when we walked in felt similar to the Ritz palm court restaurant and just as beautiful. The red ginger asian restaurant was also incredible with a beautiful waterfall feature at the entrance and again beautiful artworks.

The food is out of this world and we were truly spoilt. I would recommend looking into Oceania offers as we did because they have some brilliant deals.

Having sailed on both Oceania's 'Riviera' and 'Regatta' in the last couple of years I think that they offer a unique proposition in between the Premium lines such as Cunard and HAL and the ultra luxury operators such as Seabourn and their sister company Regent, offering 90% of the ultra luxury experience at around 50/60% of their prices and only a modest premium over the Premium offering.

The food on offer is exceptional, and I can believe their statement that they spend twice as much on food as do other cruiselines, service is also impeccable whilst also being friendly and engaging. The ambience is, as proposed, quietly laid back but elegant with something of the atmosphere of a refined country club. This is certainly not the line for you however if you are looking for high energy activities - no dodgems, water slides, ice rinks or flowriders - which suits my wife and I just fine.

In answer to loz6, they are currently offering bonus packages of either OBC, free excursions or drinks packages on most voyages, but as standard the major bonus is access to the speciality restaurants without charge. I would recommend upgrading from a standard veranda to Concierge class which for a modest price increase does offer meaningful extras.