First time cruisers on Cunard Queen Victoria

I cruised on Queen Victoria about 7 weeks ago and it is a delightful ship. The food, service and amenities were excellent. Spacious cabin with double bed configuration, two good size wardrobes plus drawers, shelves and dressing table. All cabins have hair dryers, safe, mini bar, bathrobes, slippers, television with a great choice of programmes and electrical sockets for plugs from USA, UK and the continent. The bathroom whilst small by modern standards was functional with containers of body lotion, bath & shower gel, conditioner and shampoo from Penhaligon’s Quercus range together with cotton wool balls, soaps and cosseting soft fluffy towels. We had a  balcony which was of good size, glass fronted, equipped with table and two recliner chairs.Tea in the Queens Room should be tried at least once. The Commodore Lounge is a great place for post dinner drinks and meeting friends. I think elegant is the word to describe the ship. It is dressier than most cruise lines but somehow this fits in with the lovely venues the ship offers. One thing I did like were the pool attendants who removed articles from reserved sun beds in the same way as was introduced on Carnival Cruise Line by John Heald. If only all Carnival Corp. cruise lines would do this. 

Have a great cruise

It is a lovely ship and I am sure you will be delighted when you board.  For ladies it is a real chance to dress up, the majority of passengers really go to town and I pack my cocktail and formal dresses as I know I will not feel overdressed.

They have some very interesting guest speakers with varied topics so you may want to look out for them on your daily program.  Try the Golden Lion Pub at lunch time for the very good fish and chips and you will find many quizzes in here as well if that is something you like doing.

No need to take books with you as there is a stunning two deck high facility with a spiral staircase and every genre of book you could want.

They have some fun things to do as well, for example fencing lessons which was an opportunity to try something new.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise...Carol

• 2 months later...

Heya!

I wently went on my first Cunard cruise and I honestly was surprised by quite a lot of things. I didn't know that the dress code would be ship wide or that room service would be free. There were a lot of things I liked about Cunard which they just don't advertise. Maybe I found it such a shock because I normally cruise on freestyle cruise lines like NCL.

I wrote a post about 8 things you should know before cruising with Cunard here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/11/06/8-things-you-should-know-before-cruising-with-cunard-2/

Hopefully it'll be of some use to you :) There's a lot of photos of the Queen Victoria on there too, gorgeous ship.

Have a fabulous time!!