P&O Cruises Summer 2018

We can only book a few weeks before we sail because of my OH and his medical problems, however it must be nice to be able to plan a couple of years in advance plenty of planning, cabin of your choice and OBC, we last did this in 2011 when we did a world cruise on Aurora, the excitement plus all the planning  and homework that went into the  excursions the wardrobe  clothes for every season, it was great fun and the time soon  came around , I would love to be able to plan ahead there are still so many places on my  bucket list. CG 

Well time is getting on and still no more cruises showing on website. If you are booking 2 years in advance I think you woukd want to give some thought to it before expressing an interest so P&O are pushing their luck. Perhaps they think folk will just grab & go without giving it much thought. Where are the cruises?

It gives you chance to " pencil in " a 2018 cruise even if you don't book it early.  From P&O's side of things if you see something you really like, they have got in your mind then it's half the job done and you might not look elsewhere. Clare

Having had only a quick browse of the 2018 brochure the prices seem very good with an extra 10% off for all past passengers. Just hope that Cunard is as competitive if and when I receive their brochure.

Felling even more grumpy now, brochures arrived first thing Monday morning, lots of ports we haven't visited- which is unusual for us. The long Caribbean is £1000 cheaper than we paid in 2006 and 2012. And we still can't book 2017 because we are still waiting for holiday windows.

I know how you feel, seawitch. Having had to work round management rotas and results days, in education, for many years it is now great to be able to book what we want, when we want. The strange thing is we have found we really do like the school holiday cruises even though we are not time bound. 2018 sees us returning to Oriana (yes I know after everything I have said) to hit some ports never visited. I only hope the refit us good. Booked early to ensure a balcony is available as, I believe, interest is already keen and the number of balcony cabins somewhat restricted.

For the singles out there

Yesterday I did ring to enquire about a couple of cruises on P & O, for devilment I asked how much it would be in a single balcony and compared it again with a double balcony paying a single supplement. The DOUBLE balcony was CHEAPER than a single cabin.

So again  I stress, don't automatically book a single cabin.

I know how you feel, seawitch. Having had to work round management rotas and results days, in education, for many years it is now great to be able to book what we want, when we want. The strange thing is we have found we really do like the school holiday cruises even though we are not time bound. 2018 sees us returning to Oriana (yes I know after everything I have said) to hit some ports never visited. I only hope the refit us good. Booked early to ensure a balcony is available as, I believe, interest is already keen and the number of balcony cabins somewhat restricted.

Well we have done the same...maybe even the same cruise ? X618? 6 ports we havent been to (if you include Venice which we have done on a land based holiday but never on a cruise) and includes 2 maiden ports. Price seems pretty good too for a 19 day cruise when compared with a similar length one this summer. And with just a 5% deposit, if the price fell so dramatically in the future (highly unlikely) it could almost be worth losing the deposit and rebooking. And I am afraid none of us know what is around the corner, and if we waited to find out we would never go anywhere! Happy Cruising!

As per a lot of other comments, some new ports of call introduced which look interesting. Some very good prices out there as well with the discounts on offer, with the 5% deposit makes it worth while doing if something in particular catches your eye, don't think you will get a last minute deal at a lower price and be able to chose your cabin. Never thought I would book this early, but have pre registered for the British Isles cruise on Oriana, looks about £300 cheaper than I have ever seen it even on a late deal !

Booked or pre registered but not with P&O. 14nt roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 for £1030pp with $105pp OBC choice of dining/stateroom not everyone's cup of tea but proper voyaging on a truly fantastic liner.

Sounds great, sinbad10, but I am going on the 30 day Canada, America and Caribbean cruise next year and do not want to cross the pond on consecutive years. Enjoy.

I have noticed some new ports on Aurora R807 Baltic cruise in Northern Europe, Estonia, Latvia, Luthuania,

unfortunately Hubby doesn't fancy that area! Cruise A817 on Azura to Iceland Scotland and Ireland looks interesting too.

As I have always wanted to do a British Isles cruise X809 seems perfect but it is on Oriana. We have never sailed on that ship and it does seem a bit old now let alone in 2 years time so I really don't know what to do now. Only a few days till the bookings open!

I have noticed some new ports on Aurora R807 Baltic cruise in Northern Europe, Estonia, Latvia, Luthuania,

unfortunately Hubby doesn't fancy that area! Cruise A817 on Azura to Iceland Scotland and Ireland looks interesting too.

As I have always wanted to do a British Isles cruise X809 seems perfect but it is on Oriana. We have never sailed on that ship and it does seem a bit old now let alone in 2 years time so I really don't know what to do now. Only a few days till the bookings open!

Consider doing a British Isles cruise with Princess they are very good we have done it 5 times with them. Dont book early leave it until closer the date and they are heavily reduced they do 12nt cruises throughout the summer from May to August. We paid £799 for an inside cabin this August and unlike P&O when you book a late deal with Princess you can still choose cabin and dining.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's going to take a lot of discounts to make this worthwhile unless your needs are extremely specific - just a matter of time before the prices drop, as they always do, and the early bookers are feeling ripped off.  As they almost always are.

We have to book early because we need an accessible cabin, however the prices for 2018 are, IMO, very good, they are similar to the 2017 original prices and with a minimum 10% discount and only 5% deposit as well.

Couple that with the falling value of Sterling, and the liklihood that the US competition will feel the need to reflect this in their prices for 2017, then I doubt there will be any need for P&O to offer big price drops later on.

It is much more likely that once the launch period ends all prices are likely to increase substantially.