P&O Cruises Summer 2018

So I received the email from Bolsover about the 'breaking news', P&O are bringing out their new cruises earlier than normal! They are going to be putting Summer 2018 on sale in September.

http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/cruise-deals/cruise-line-deals/p&o-cruises-summer-2018/

What do people think of this? Is it too early, will any one book this far in advance? Is it too close to the new cruises coming out just 5 months ago in April?

Or is it a good thing, as other cruise lines are out this early so you are able to compare without waiting for P&O's details? What are people thoughts?

I think it will be interesting to see whats on offer but personally I dont have 2017 sorted out yet!

It's certainly seems a change of strategy by P&O having had their annual brochure launches in spring most years for as long as I can remember. I'm surprised to see them launch 2018 itineraries this early considering it doesn't seem two minutes ago since they were announcing 2017. Perhaps they are looking to fall in line with other cruise lines as you mention Furby and feel they are missing out by not doing this. Otherwise, considering they're revealing summer itineraries for 2018, perhaps they have received feedback from families that prefer to book further in advance.

I wouldn't expect people to be booking in their thousands as the market has undoubtedly shifted these days thanks to the rise in late booking price incentives. I think many people that booked right from the off in the past are now re-thinking this and opting for a later booking to take advantage of some significant price reductions. It will be interesting to see how P&O tackle that perception now and encourage people to book 2018 so early on.

Isn't it usually around September when they announce the next series of world cruise itineraries? 

they already brought them out in april with the main ones, so when 2017/18 went on sale they also did 2018 world cruises, which would of been coming out this september

I do think it seems very early, don't get me wrong I do like to book early ish but not usually this far in advance who knows what could change between now and then, I also have to agree with terminator the way things are at the moment I would worry a bit about confirming too early.

Ahh I see. I actually hadn't noticed P&O promoting world yet but I guess it's not something I tend to look for. That type of cruise is a long while off yet tongue.png

yes i think a lot of people might of missed it as it just seemd to join on to the others coming out and there was no big deal made out of it

Like others I haven't even booked for 2017. Don't forget they will be using your 15% down payment for a lot longer and

it could add up to a lot of interest.

On our cruise last April they were taking 2017 bookings on board for £50 per person deposit and double OBC so there is no incentive to book early unless you are desperate for a certain cabin, and having booked and you have to cancel then you only loose £50.

It's a no brainer

We have always booked early to get exactly what we have wanted.  For the first time since we started cruising we haven't got one booked for next year. I'll take a look at the 2018 cruises but unless it's something I really can't resist (which I doubt) I won't be booking with them.

Too early for us too. My daughters booked their 2017 July cruise four months ago. It will be their first since their children have been born and with little ones/mortgages, etc., money for cruises isn't easily found. They are still saving up the balance of the fares, so to find 15% for 2018 in September is impossible, yet they would need to book then to get the children's' discounts. So, sorry, P&O, you haven't thought this one through.

There are only five months between releasing the cruises for summer 2017 and summer 2018!

• 2 weeks later...

With the way the world as a whole is panning out I'd be very wary of booking a cruise that far ahead.

Just my opinion of course.

Earlier this year I booked a cruise for the end of 2017 and one for 2018, I had not then been on my 3 for this year,(one done two to go) Anything can happen at any time but what is insurance for, the unexpected of course.  At 82 and 62 cruises, there are still places I have not been or want to go to again, so I say grab the chance.  

• 3 weeks later...