River cruising in Europe.

Hi  Thanks for the response.  I did a section of the Rhine Basel to Cologne.   In Switzerland I did nothing independently we had a full day tour taking in lnterlaken and Lucerne.  In Strasbourg we had a walking tour of the sites and after this I walked to the main square and took a Noddy Train to see more of this city and finally walked to the old district and had a coffee in a pretty café by the water.   In Rudesheim we were moored overnight and the town was very lively (it was a Friday)  with a large number of bars and restaurants catering for all tastes.  They serve a delicious alcoholic coffee which is similar to Irish coffee but they flame the spirit before serving. The following morning I took the cable car up to the impressive Germania.  We also went to Spayer and I had half a day in the Museum of Technology (transport mainly planes and cars).  In Cologne we had a short walking tour around the cathedral and other sites as most of the city was destroyed during the war there wasn't many old buildings. I then went on a HOHO bus to see more of the city (I didn't think there was a lot to see) the departure point is in front of the cathedral  However, I did enjoy the river side cafes  (on both the Rhone and the Rhine) and it also has a bustling shopping centre.  The highlight was the Rhine Gorge and the castles standing on the hillsides, along with the vineyards.  I also enjoyed passing through the locks.  Heidelberg is a beautiful city with plenty of sites to enjoy although I we didn't visit it on a Rhine cruise but on a coach tour.