Venice - launch from Oceana

Yes you can but also if you head out of the port gates to the monorail 1Euro then cross the road to water taxi station, take the left hand side and board the water taxi it is still approx. the same fare but this will take you down the Grand Canal instead of round the outside, much nicer ride and it gives you a chance to see the sights from a different view

From memory it may be operated by Alilaguna but it is not part of their standard route system. They leave from the same place but they don't go to the same place.

I have always preferred the vaporetto option, much more flexible and a bit of an adventure. Depends on where you dock as to the easiest way to get onto the system. Study the underground style map to plan it all, that should be part of the fun.

RayO

Mmmmm! It won't give you the adventure nor, as suggested before, will it give you a view of the sites from the Grand Canal. It's a safe option, but I found a step by step guide to using the vaporetto system by some Americans (you'll have to search for it) that gave me the confidence to do it.

Whatever you do, enjoy it.

RayO