Fancy a Taste of Modern Luxury? £259 + FREE Drinks + Tips

Celebrity Cruises have just launched a brand new offer... and it's ON SALE TOMORROW!

Two Night Taste of Modern Luxury aboard Celebrity Eclipse

Itinerary:

19 May 2017 - Southampton, England

20 May 2017 - Paris (Le Havre), France

21 May 2017 - Southampton, England

Fares from (per person):

Inside      Outside    Balcony   Concierge

£259   £299   £329   £399

PLUS...Free Drinks Package  & Free Gratuities on all grades*!

Click here to view our newsletter >>

Why not upgrade to a Suite, only £599pp?

Suites Services

•Two bottles of spirits and/or wine on embarkation day

•Complimentary premium drinks package

•Daily stocked complimentary mini-bar

•Unlimited complimentary speciality dining

•Unlimited complimentary internet service

•Welcome bottle of Perrier Jouët Champagne

•Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Dining

•    Access to Blu / comp breakfast daily

•    Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

•A 24/7 butler to call upon

• Private Luminae restaurant and Michael’s Club

•Complimentary bottled water on embarkation day

•Delectable Delights delivered in-suite daily.

Bolsover Cruise Club are taking pre-registrations NOW! Call us on 01246 819819

I love Celebrity, and the Eclipse is a beautiful ship. 

We did a B2B this year of the 8-night Fjord cruise, then the 2-night 'Taste of Modern Luxury' cruise to Le Havre.  Give it a go, but don't expect it to be representative of the Celebrity experience on the whole.

We found that behaviour was much worse, lots of first-time cruisers, dining room organisation was a disaster because many people just walked in and sat down leaving the maître d' struggling.  We were taken to a table that was occupied.  It was very much a booze cruise, and quite different from a 'normal' Celebrity experience.

I'm not saying don't book a mini-cruise, but just be aware that if you find aspect unappealing then it's not necessarily a good reflection of Celebrity.

Personally, I think cruise lines should stop these mini-breaks if they are unable to give a true taste of what it's all about.  New cruisers who enjoy the more rowdy environment might be disappointed when they try a longer cruise with Celebrity, and Celebrity regulars will have an experience that doesn't meet their expectations.

I agree with you dst87 about taster cruises. We love Oriana but when we did a 2 nighter we didn't like it at all as it was full of hen & stag parties. As you said it doesn't give a true cruise experience although it does give you a chance to see a different ship & it's various facilities. Maybe they should be sold as party cruises rather than taster cruises to give a better idea of what to expect (especially with free drinks).

I do agree that taster cruises are not ideal for deciding whether or not cruising is for you. It's a false interpretation of what a longer cruise would actually be like. Nevertheless, cruise lines are not going to stop doing them as they are excellent revenue streams. Take this cruise for example, it's good value compared to what you would pay for a hotel stay somewhere for a weekend, especially considering the drinks package and the free gratuities but it works out at just under £130 per person per night. P&O do similar fares for their short break cruises but in reality, the fares for longer itineraries are much more reasonable, often around £60-£100 per person per night, sometimes even less. P&O have been known recently to offer prices for as little as £35-£40 per person per night which is unbelievable. 

They won't stop doing these cruises as long as they are popular, which they are.

Does anyone know what is included with the drinks package? Sounds a very good price considering whats included.

The drinks package is the 'Standard' drinks package, which is not one of the ones normally available/advertised and is very limited.  I had a this included on my 2-night cruise, and the cost to upgrade to a 'Classic' or 'Premium' package was astronomical (higher than normal).

Most cruises with celebrity that come with a drinks package include the 'Classic' package, details for which are readily available online.  From what I remember there are a few spirits, beers, and a house white/red available.  Details (though sparse) are available on this page of the Celebrity website.

The drinks package is the 'Standard' drinks package, which is not one of the ones normally available/advertised and is very limited.  I had a this included on my 2-night cruise, and the cost to upgrade to a 'Classic' or 'Premium' package was astronomical (higher than normal).

Most cruises with celebrity that come with a drinks package include the 'Classic' package, details for which are readily available online.  From what I remember there are a few spirits, beers, and a house white/red available.  Details (though sparse) are available on this page of the Celebrity website.

thank you, I will have a look online

I went on the Eclipse 2 nighter May 2016 and was well worth it to try their ship and style.

Loved every minute of it. I am also on Britannia on the same date, dare I say it on my 'hen party'.

Rum+Sun I can assure you we are all very nice 'ladies' and we will be no trouble on board. So if you see about 14 ladies with cheap tacky t-shirts with daft names on you will know it's NOT us, biggrin.png