We are due to call at Istanbul on our Cunard cruise in 2 weeks time,after today's news of further terrorist trouble ,in the name of safety should Cunard omit this from our itinerary.We are now beginning to be concerned

Hello midhusband, in light of last nights terrible occurrences I think it's highly likely that they would not sail into Istanbul, however in saying that when I last visited it was in the middle of the riots a few years ago, and we docked without any problems albeit a different scenario.

I think it just a matter of wait and see, Cunard will have all the latest advice hopefully they will let you know as soon as they know.

HLM.

A lot will depend on advice they will get from the Foreign Office..if they say it's too dangerous then Cunard will not take chances with the safety of their passengers.

But you should be wary wherever you go now as the terrorists will move on once they've destroyed Turkeys tourist industry as they have done with Tunisia, Red Sea etc..

Thanks everyone for their input. Even if Cunard do decided to go ahead and dock in Istanbul i am seriously considering staying onboard ship now.I personally think they should omit Istanbul from the itinerary and call at another port.It's a shame but safety of all aboard ship is paramount

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...