Would you book a cruise online?

About 18 months ago I posed this question on another well known Forum,I had over 1500 viewings and numerous responses, BUT no one had said yes I have/would. Is it a trust thing or do we prefer to discuss cruise arrangements with an operator ?

Hello Stugood, the way I see it is, you can't get a straight, immediate answer from a computer.

If I have a query I like an answer as soon a possible and generally straight away, I have in general always got that when face to face, it can be days or even weeks when booking online, waiting for emails etc.

HLM.

The best advice I can give is to always book through an agent especially a reputable cruise expert company like Bolsover.

I once booked online and had flights involved then there was an incident with Iceland's volcano irrupting causing an ash cloud and disrupting all flights I had to wait hrs on the telephone to call through to the call centre to amend my booking and this was very frustrating!, and because I had not booked through an agent I did not have anyone else to help me! I will always book through an agent now!  

This thread has certainly been added to since I was last on the forum. It seems most people are in favour of booking through an agent either directly over the phone or face to face. I'm of the same opinion when it comes to cruising but yet will happily book other things online, including land stays. 

I think the time is coming though where booking cruises online will become more and more popular and gradually turn into the norm.

No I would never book a cruise online, but would happily book a land stay online, not sure why I just know that I wouldn't feel comofrtbale doing this all online by myself when it come to booking a cruise.  I have to agree though Portside, I do think that there will come a time when booking cruises online will become more and more popular and the norm for people.

Hi  I am not surprised that the majority of responders prefer to book their cruises using a good cruise agent.  I assume that a high percentage only joined this forum because they have used Bolsover to book their cruises in the past.  If the same question was put on an internet booking site you would get a different response.  I do think Poolside is correct that the number of people booking online will increase.   I have used both to book cruises and will do so In the foreseeable future.