Cruise Passenger Mistakenly Labelled!

Oh dear, this cruse passenger certainly had an ordeal before and even during his cruise! A travel agent mistakenly labelled him a terrorist by ticking yes to a security question on his application which ruined his cruise and left him shunned by fellow passengers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/12190364/Cruise-ship-passenger-mistakenly-labelled-a-terrorist.html

I agree this must of been an awful experience, however has he showed his true hand when he said this.

"He said the friends he made on the cruise "ostracised" him because of his dealings with the authorities and he was isolated for the remaining 19 days of his cruise"

Really? His new friends must be very shallow in my opinion.

I don't think he has any need to sensationalise his experience with this, he's got a very strong case without it.

HLM.

This man was a retired Police Officer so it surprises me that he wouldn't have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's himself as I'm sure he is no stranger to form filling.

As Land Ahoy says an Esta application isn't difficult to complete.

Just out of interest would this be a service that Bolsover CC would offer and in the event of a mistake would they accept responsibility. 

This man was a retired Police Officer so it surprises me that he wouldn't have crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's himself as I'm sure he is no stranger to form filling.

As Land Ahoy says an Esta application isn't difficult to complete.

Just out of interest would this be a service that Bolsover CC would offer and in the event of a mistake would they accept responsibility. 

I think we need to remember that the travel agent filled the form in not the retired police officer. I'm just wondering if the travel agent said something like "You will need an ESTA and as part of our service we will apply on your behalf". If that were correct it would account for why a retired police officer would have allowed them to apply on his behalf. Just a thought!!

I filled in my parents ESTA because they aren't good with the computer, maybe this solo traveller does not have a family member or friend who can help him out. I believe most companies charge an admin fee to complete an ESTA for a customer, if this is the case this passenger should have definitely been refunded!

Guest Solent Richard

Its a funny old world when folk let 'agents' do their basic work.

For my recent trip to Myanmar an agent was recommended for the application for a Myanmar Visa. And you've guessed it, they wanted a fee of £60.50 per person.

A quick check on the internet revealed an application could be made online through the Myanmar Government site...

24966049502_8a35723187_z.jpg

...for a 'Visa on Arrival' for a simple online payment of US $50.00.

Isn't the internet wonderfull?