What Itineraries Would You Like To See For 2017/2018?

So we will not be cruising this year due to getting married taking up all our money! So we are starting to look at 2017 instead.

With the information on these hopefully just around the corner, what would forum members like to see on the itineraries? Any predictions of where they will be sending the ships?

Congratulations on the forth coming marriage Furby. Wishing you lots of health and happiness.

I am assuming you are referring to all cruise lines Furby, Fred Olsen have already announced their 2017/18 cruise destinations and there are some great ports of call.  Because they are varying their departure ports and not just using one they have a varied itinerary not just in ports of call but also length. There is a separate thread on it.

Congratulations on the forth coming marriage Furby. Wishing you lots of health and happiness.

I am assuming you are referring to all cruise lines Furby, Fred Olsen have already announced their 2017/18 cruise destinations and there are some great ports of call.  Because they are varying their departure ports and not just using one they have a varied itinerary not just in ports of call but also length. There is a separate thread on it.

Thank you very much OWT!

I was just referring to P&O smile.png

Have had the email from Fred's and they do, as normal, have some brilliant itineraries.

So we will not be cruising this year due to getting married taking up all our money! So we are starting to look at 2017 instead.

With the information on these hopefully just around the corner, what would forum members like to see on the itineraries? Any predictions of where they will be sending the ships?

In all honesty Furby I can't see any of the itineraries or ports of call changing. The problem they have is they nearly always sail from the same home port and are therefore restricted by time as to where they can reach and return in that time. However if they changed home ports to Liverpool, Barcelona, Malaga, Venice or similar then they could arrange totally new itineraries.  As always, just my personal opinion. 

There are a large number of ports in the Mediterranean area that have been cruise stops for a handful of cruises then never or rarely seen again. Personally I am getting fed up with Civitavecchia,  Livorno, Barcelona,Gibraltar,Lisbon, Vigo and Madiera.I am also starting to get bored with Ajaccio, Monaco,Athens,St Petersburg,Dubrovnik,Kusadasi, Cadiz,Venice and Naples.I know people will say these are great ports, yes they are for the first 4-6  visits but then you struggle to find something different to do especially when the ships tours are always the same. We once visited a port called Santa Margarita and had a great time,but never seen it on the itineraries since. There are loads of ports that are beautiful among the Croatian Islands and mainland,also Itea in Greece,Cephalonia, Bari ,Oporto,Sete. There must be other ports on Corsica and Sardinia, Why not Menorca?and more cruises visiting Crete.With more people cruising and more often it is only a matter of time before they also become bored with the same ports. When the cruise brochures come out I search through them marking the cruises that Paul can go on because of work commitments.I then cross off the cruises where we have been to every port. Sometimes this leaves us with nothing and we have to repeat cruises we have done before.We are lucky this year there were three cruises, we will be going on two of them visiting 3 new ports. I just hope next year we will be as lucky.

There are a large number of ports in the Mediterranean area that have been cruise stops for a handful of cruises then never or rarely seen again. Personally I am getting fed up with Civitavecchia,  Livorno, Barcelona,Gibraltar,Lisbon, Vigo and Madiera.I am also starting to get bored with Ajaccio, Monaco,Athens,St Petersburg,Dubrovnik,Kusadasi, Cadiz,Venice and Naples.I know people will say these are great ports, yes they are for the first 4-6  visits but then you struggle to find something different to do especially when the ships tours are always the same. We once visited a port called Santa Margarita and had a great time,but never seen it on the itineraries since. There are loads of ports that are beautiful among the Croatian Islands and mainland,also Itea in Greece,Cephalonia, Bari ,Oporto,Sete. There must be other ports on Corsica and Sardinia, Why not Menorca?and more cruises visiting Crete.With more people cruising and more often it is only a matter of time before they also become bored with the same ports. When the cruise brochures come out I search through them marking the cruises that Paul can go on because of work commitments.I then cross off the cruises where we have been to every port. Sometimes this leaves us with nothing and we have to repeat cruises we have done before.We are lucky this year there were three cruises, we will be going on two of them visiting 3 new ports. I just hope next year we will be as lucky.

I agree, seeing more greek islands in P&O itineraries would be nice

Port Mahon was my very first port on my very first cruise, and I visited St Florent later in that cruise.  Last summer we visited Calvi.  If there are ports that you want to visit then you can look at the schedules for those ports and see which ships are due to visit.

Port Mahon was my very first port on my very first cruise, and I visited St Florent later in that cruise.  Last summer we visited Calvi.  If there are ports that you want to visit then you can look at the schedules for those ports and see which ships are due to visit.

Unfortunately we are limited at the moments on dates, we usually have a choice of about 6 cruises a year that fit in with Paul's holidays from work. So we mark the available cruises and then see if there are any new ports.

Unfortunately we are limited at the moments on dates, we usually have a choice of about 6 cruises a year that fit in with Paul's holidays from work. So we mark the available cruises and then see if there are any new ports.

It may be that by considering other cruise lines that you might be able to find ports that are new to you.