I read about the azamazing evenings on a recent e-shot i received from Bolsover Cruise Club.  They do look really good.  I'd never heard much about them till I got that e-mail and liked some of the itineraries. I've always loved the big ships but I just want to do something different rather than the same old itineraries and these guiys really stood out.

I got that e-shot! I'm a member with them as well.  There were some nice itineraries on there.  We had a look at cruising with Azamara ourselves again this time but we've decided to give Celebrity ago the sister company.  Some of our friends tried Celebrity last year and loved it so we're going with them this year on board Celebrity Silhouette, does like nice so cant wait, just a few more weeks then we're off!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love Azamara, but it is a huge difference to a big ship experience. I prefer the intimacy of the smaller ships but I know people who have found it too small and the difference in entertainment a problem. Celebrity are great, you might find their slightly smaller ships a better option if you like lots of on board activities. For me I've sailed 5 times with Azamara and have another 4 cruises booked, I am loathe to go back to a big ship experience.

Ps, the staff are now prohibited from shaking hands with clients in an effort to reduce novo-virus transmission, they are however the friendliest and most helpful group of staff.

G

I always thought that i prefered the large ships but after recently sailing on Azamara Journey I have definately changed my mind, i loved the intimacy of the small ship and a big bonus with Azamara is that they stay much later in ports allowing you to get the most out of the destination you are visiting.

Hi I have no qualms recommending Azamara the food and service are both excellent.  In fact they are not far off that presented on the luxury cruise lines (Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn).  However, the size of the cabins are tiny, particularly the bathrooms.  If you aren't bothered about occupying a small cabin (I'm not, it's just somewhere to sleep, change and wash) then I would go for it, they are not quite in the luxury market but I consider them probably the best value cruise line.  This is very true in the low season when heavy discounting makes them a great bargain!   The smaller size of the ship isn't a problem the itineraries are port intensive so you will probably out most of the day and the evening entertainment is similar but just in a smaller theatre and you don't have to turn up early to get a good seat.

• 2 months later...

We now prefer Azamara for the reasons stated by other posters. 6 to date with another 2 booked. The atmosphere on board is wonderful, you feel like you are coming home and you are welcomed with warmth. The cabins are on the small side and the bathrooms are tiny, but they are all well kept in fact Azamara ships are the cleanest we have ever sailed on. The food is good in all restaurants on board. There are plenty of tables for 2 if you do not want to share.  The staff go the extra mile. The evening entertainment does not compare to that on a larger ship, but that doesn't bother us. Russ on the Quest is an excellent Cruise Director. The senior staff are very visible and always are there to wish you a good day when you go ashore and a safe journey home when you disembark. On a couple of excursions when its been cold and wet the Hotel Director and his staff have been on the quayside offering hot chocolate and rum before you get back on board, very welcome. On our cruise to Antarctica last year staff came round offering hot soup, brandy/rum laced chocolate to warm us up whilst we were on deck.