Sign in to follow this  
Cast ashore

Princess Cruises New Fleet Livery

Most of us have been in ports and seen the AIDA Ships with their garish designs, and when I was in Barbados recently the Azura stood out against the Adonia flying the flag for P&O Cruises.  I really like the makeover these lines are having but it wouldn’t suit them all.

I'm not sure if I like it or not, It's different and will stand out, but then I wasn't sure if I liked when P&O had their design and now I like it so maybe I need to get used to seeing it!

I'm undecided on whether I like the design or not, it definitely makes the ship stand out but I don't know whether I find slightly too in your face with all the blue? I think it will grow on me. But least you'd be able to spot the ship a mile off like Mimosa said  laugh.png

Reminds me of  the Greek flag at least the PO fleet have the British flag you know where they are coming from, what does blue and white signify with Princess?CG

If you look closely its a womans head with long hair looking like waves.

Princess's logo has been around since the 60's - it's the 'Seawitch' - According to maritime legend the Seawitch, half mermaid, half human, is a beauty of the depths and has the power to entrance seamen with her long waves of hair as she rules her kingdom beneath the waves.

Make of that what you will!

Princess's logo has been around since the 60's - it's the 'Seawitch' - According to maritime legend the Seawitch, half mermaid, half human, is a beauty of the depths and has the power to entrance seamen with her long waves of hair as she rules her kingdom beneath the waves.

Thank you Matilda I couldnt remember what it signified its been driving me bonkers all afternoon trying to remember.wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

Well done.

I actually think its a clever variation from what we have been used to seeing on their exhaust stacks...

24293845513_a514a650d1_z.jpg

24292589224_bd9f6ca826_z.jpg

the new sea witch on the hull is a good , also adding the ships name further down and princess cruises written near the rear makes them easier to recognise from the ports .