Cruise virgins looking for advice

Hi folks. We (wife & I) are looking at booking our first ever cruise. We are probably looking at 2 weeks to the med or canaries. Now do we fly or set from Southampton? Looking at dates around May or September as we dont have kids.

Any suggestions for what cruise company or ship would best suit us (we've both just turned 40 so nothing too fuddy duddy).

Feel free to comment or just to say hello :)

Hello. On a 2 week cruise from Southampton you would probably have about 6 sea days which I love as you can join in various talks, quizzes, classes etc or just enjoy the spa or the open decks whilst mixing with lots of different people. On a fly cruise you would get less sea days & visit more ports so it depends on what you want to do. Some cruise lines have adult only ships e.g. P & Os Oriana so you can travel at any time not just outside school holidays. You also need to consider if you want a casual cruise line or a more formal one ( penguin suit & cocktail dresses). A chat with Bolsover will give you good advice. Good luck & happy cruising!

Hi folks. We (wife & I) are looking at booking our first ever cruise. We are probably looking at 2 weeks to the med or canaries. Now do we fly or set from Southampton? Looking at dates around May or September as we dont have kids.

Any suggestions for what cruise company or ship would best suit us (we've both just turned 40 so nothing too fuddy duddy).

Feel free to comment or just to say hello smile.png

Unfortunately there are  no right or wrong answers - simply what does or does not suit you.

Since you have an idea of location and dates then I suggest looking at what cruises are available within those parameters.  Then have a closer look at the different lines.  

Whether to cruise from the UK or fly to the port is another difficult one.  There is an obvious convenience to sailing from the UK, particularly if you happen to live near the port although it will restrict your choice of lines.  Our first cruises were all out of Southampton, but we now tend to fly and have a few days in the port before embarkation.  I find this a really nice start to a cruise.