Blitzing off your bucket list world cruise!

Thanks to Bolsover's latest blog I now want to pack my bags, hop on a world cruise and explore the world - if only I could afford. Many of the destinations mentioned in the blog post are on my bucket list. I would to visit Japan especially during Cherry blossom season, explore the ancient cities, cuisine and temples of China and of course sail on a junk boat in Hong Kong. I’ve recently been intrigued to visit Vietnam and Singapore... There are so many places I’d love to visit and as they say ‘travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!'

How about you, where would you like to tick off your bucket list?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to be able to afford a decent cruise.. All contributions gratefully received.

One of our Bucket lists was to do a cruise around the whole of Australia which we did back in October 2011 and reconnected with  family in Aus not seen close to 40 years. We were the first of the Bar

Venice and Florence. Done both so many times on cruise ships.   My wife took me to Kuredu for my sixtieth.   Fantastic diving at the Manta Ray 'cleaning stations' and the opportunity for some real

We have ticked several places off our bucket list in the last couple of years, China, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, and Borneo among others, but the list never gets shorter.  We keep adding destinations like Polynesia, South Africa, Machu Picchu and Japan.  We plan to visit Japan in September, then Machu Picchu will have to come soon while we are fit enough to handle the altitude.  So many places, so little time and so little money!!

One of our Bucket lists was to do a cruise around the whole of Australia which we did back in October 2011 and reconnected with  family in Aus not seen close to 40 years.

We were the first of the Barbados connection that had ever visited them, such they came to Barbados a few years later

Another bucket list and to be repeated was to do a Cunard Transatlantic crossing to Halifax repeating my original crossing as a child from Liverpool. Well we truly were blessed as we joined the 175th Cunard Anniversary voyage last July 2015 out of Liverpool to Halifax ( booked a year prior)

Next are Cunard seqment to Sydney from LA with train to Perth and celebrate our wedding anniversary of 50 years in three years time back in Barbados with a big fete

In the interim, driving grandkids to school and growling at them to move it , move it..  

luv to help after I see my ticket drawn but why not do what the younger group seem to have no issues with , set up a GOFUND Me account with a n appeal for help in realizing ones dream... Be surprised

Good evening to you young Sir

A lovely idea and one that has touched me but in reality I could never really ask others to fund what would be the holiday of a lifetime.

I'll keep saving my pennies and God willing and a fair wind one day I'll get there.

The French Polynesia is my dream destination, I'm saving Bora Bora for my honeymoon (I'm not even engaged yet laugh.png )

Bora Bora was the one port we missed on our 2013 World cruise, so it's still on my bucket list. I've wanted to go to South America since I was a schoolgirl and this year I finally got there.smile.png I've still got plenty of places on my list as others have said it seems to be getting longer.

Guest Solent Richard

Thanks to Bolsover's latest blog I now want to pack my bags, hop on a world cruise and explore the world - if only I could afford. Many of the destinations mentioned in the blog post are on my bucket list. I would to visit Japan especially during Cherry blossom season, explore the ancient cities, cuisine and temples of China and of course sail on a junk boat in Hong Kong. I’ve recently been intrigued to visit Vietnam and Singapore... There are so many places I’d love to visit and as they say ‘travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!'

How about you, where would you like to tick off your bucket list?

Good morning Cruise Traveller.

In a funny sort of way I envy you, having a bucket list that is.

You have so much to look forward to  with all the associated excitement.

I'm at the opposite end of the scale and it is often quite demanding to plan a cruise that visits new places - places we haven't yet visited.

Good luck in counting down your list's destinations.

Guest suespud

As yet...I really don't have bucket list.

There are a few places I would like to revisit..but I am not one of these who wants to go visit far off places.

I would much rather go sit on a beach and watch the sea in wild Northumberland or revisit The Gower.

I do like nice holidays ...and looking forward to those we have planned..with my OH and family.

For me it's about..nice surroundings..good food and good company..not really bothered where in the world that happens to be

However..my OH has a huge bucket list..of the places he wants to visit when he retires.......

Hi All,

Already some great posts on this thread. About to tick off driving Route 1 in California and Bay of Islands, News Zealand (and, yes, that's in the same trip). The remaining bucket list, however, still includes Victoria Falls.

DavidH

So many places I would love to see and my list is constatnly getting longer. Driving Route 1 in California will be an amazing experience and I hope you have a great time David! 

I don't have a bucket list anymore.

My problem, which ain't all that bad a one, is that Solent Barbara wants to try new ships rather than return to the ones we have done.

Fortunately our joint love affair with Thailand hasn't changed, especially Ko Tao...

15347970947_4960ab55a4_z.jpg

Love the Photo. I've been to Thailand twice but never to Ko Tao, I'm going again in march and Ko tao is on the list this time. 8 weeks to go biggrin.png

I have managed to  do two world cruises and I have to say how wonderful it was to finally visit these places I have dreamed about, no flying, the comfort of your ship ,cabin and like minded passengers at the end   each day, knowing  there are so many more wonderful discoveries to be made as you tick of your bucket list.

watch these world cruises set of and wish I could be on them there are still so many places to visit, Canada,Japan, China  all still to do maybe this year I wonder? I say go for it to all those who have  a bucket list  time and tide waits for no man! CG