Upgrades

You would be very lucky to be able to do this once onboard.  Very often there is a notice on the Reception desk saying that the cruise is full.  If you want to pay to upgrade do it via the phone a few days before sailing and see if there is anything available.  I'm afraid the usual answer people give is that you should book the grade you want.  Free upgrades are extremely rare.  Usually if you enquire about upgrading after booking the price they will quote will be the price that the cabin was when you originally booked - in other words if you want to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin and you booked the inside in April, then the price for the upgrade will be the price that the balcony cabin was in April, not what it is when you make the enquiry.

You would be very lucky to be able to do this once onboard.  Very often there is a notice on the Reception desk saying that the cruise is full.  If you want to pay to upgrade do it via the phone a few days before sailing and see if there is anything available.  I'm afraid the usual answer people give is that you should book the grade you want.  Free upgrades are extremely rare.  Usually if you enquire about upgrading after booking the price they will quote will be the price that the cabin was when you originally booked - in other words if you want to upgrade from an inside to a balcony cabin and you booked the inside in April, then the price for the upgrade will be the price that the balcony cabin was in April, not what it is when you make the enquiry.

Annieuk, Just an update on free upgrade's never give up hope,got a telephone call today 21/10/2013 from Bolsover telling us we had been given a free upgrade to a balcony cabin just across from our inside cabin B deck aft.as I say if you don't ask you don't get.