Guest Solent Richard

Nice Touch - Thank you Bolsover

Guest 132LK132

I don't recall having an opinion about obtaining insurance when one is over 70, I just asked if was going to be more of a challenge. It certainly is for my partner Chris who is 72 with no pre-existing conditions. Like you and your good wife, I am 8 years Chris's junior!

Nice try at trying to pass your denigration and a 'correction of fact'. I cannot see how referring to someone in a derogatory manner could be seen in any other way than a denigration.  I cannot see how name calling could be termed a 'correction of the facts'.

I did write a review of our Celebrity Eclipse cruise, seven months ago!  As I wanted a free cruising guide, I posted it on another well know forum with whom I booked. I then did not think it appropriate to post it here as well. Anyhow, unlike you, I cannot post a link! I also have trouble posting photographs!

Briefly we had a most wonderful time! Chris really enjoyed MuMa in Le Harve, I could take it or leave it. Being more of a architecture than an art fan, I was in my element visiting Chateau de Ravalet just outside Cherbourg. We both then over indulged at a workshop at Roose's Chocolate World in Brugge.

Unlike you to miss a review.

Guest Solent Richard

Clearly another misunderstanding - 'stunning' would be a word I would use but I acknowledge that it would be a word that would do the described justice.  It was not the word you used!

I will do my utmost to write a review of Eclipse but don't expect anything approaching the standard of yours.

I don't recall having an opinion about obtaining insurance when one is over 70, I just asked if was going to be more of a challenge. It certainly is for my partner Chris who is 72 with no pre-existing conditions. Like you and your good wife, I am 8 years Chris's junior!

Nice try at trying to pass your denigration and a 'correction of fact'. I cannot see how referring to someone in a derogatory manner could be seen in any other way than a denigration.  I cannot see how name calling could be termed a 'correction of the facts'.

I did write a review of our Celebrity Eclipse cruise, seven months ago!  As I wanted a free cruising guide, I posted it on another well know forum with whom I booked. I then did not think it appropriate to post it here as well. Anyhow, unlike you, I cannot post a link! I also have trouble posting photographs!

Briefly we had a most wonderful time! Chris really enjoyed MuMa in Le Harve, I could take it or leave it. Being more of a architecture than an art fan, I was in my element visiting Chateau de Ravalet just outside Cherbourg. We both then over indulged at a workshop at Roose's Chocolate World in Brugge.

Hmnnn. How convenient. Unable to post links and photographs and writing a review for another forum after a promise to do one's utmost to post here.

You couldn't make it up.

However, not to worry, its just I am a tad curious...."I posted it on another well know forum with whom I booked".

I seem to recall that that particular cruise was an 'agent' charter and was only bookable through a cruise agent that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't actually have an internet  Forum.

One really must try harder Les:  the 'correction of dubious facts' has and will be  a continuing forte of mine.

wink.png wink.png    Cheers...

18190222219_143da7595c_z.jpg

Guest 132LK132

Hmnnn. How convenient. Unable to post links and photographs and writing a review for another forum after a promise to do one's utmost to post here.

You couldn't make it up.

However, not to worry, its just I am a tad curious...."I posted it on another well know forum with whom I booked".

I seem to recall that that particular cruise was an 'agent' charter and was only bookable through a cruise agent that, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't actually have an internet  Forum.

One really must try harder Les:  the 'correction of dubious facts' has and will be  a continuing forte of mine.

wink.png wink.png    Cheers...

18190222219_143da7595c_z.jpg

You recall correctly, it was charter however, you are incorrect about the fact relating to them have and not having a facility to post a review.

I don't wish to post the website of a competitor on this forum but if you go to their home page and click on 'News and Blogs' you should find it there!

Personal question: Have you ever considered or has anyone suggested that you may have a problem?

Guest Solent Richard

You recall correctly, it was charter however, you are incorrect about the fact relating to them have and not having a facility to post a review.

I don't wish to post the website of a competitor on this forum but if you go to their home page and click on 'News and Blogs' you should find it there!

Personal question: Have you ever considered or has anyone suggested that you may have a problem?

Noted that "I posted it on another well known forum' has now changed to a website's 'News and Blogs' page.

I must look it up when I next fancy a 'free cruising guide'.

I also take the view, that as a member of this forum, a 'cut and paste' job would hardly breach any copyright rules: after all, as you claim, you wrote it.

Rule No. 1 may apply here: if your in a hole, stop digging.wink.png

Hello, if Terminator ever takes sides, I want him on mine please.

Your being funny I know but  I'm fed up of sides. no wonder I don't write much. Call a truce and stop picking on each other. Leave the nastyness where it is. People can read it there and make there own minds up.

This is getting boring that's true. Especially for those of us who have no clue as to what it is about. I am curious to know why someone would doubt that another poster has actually been on a cruise. unsure.png

Guest Solent Richard

This is getting boring that's true. Especially for those of us who have no clue as to what it is about. I am curious to know why someone would doubt that another poster has actually been on a cruise. unsure.png

Good morning Tally.

Probably because up to now you have only been getting one side of the story from the member of that site.

Perhaps I should detail the abuse both I, and more disgustingly my wife and family, have been getting on that particular site. 

I've yet to rise to the bait and have kept within the Admins rules which they reiterated 6 months ago...

"We would like to kindly request that whatever issues have taken place in the past on previous forums are left in the past and no longer find their way on to this forum.

We will not tolerate the continuation of such issues".

Can you all end this squabble now before it goes into 2016! I only hope the forum admin give some new rules which stops such petty bickering for the new year otherwise I, for one, may well stop partaking in this group.

I enjoy the genuine information and social pleasantries but hate the back biting, goading and unpleasant verbal abuse given by some members of the forum. Please take that type of nasiness to somewhere like Facebook.

Good morning Tally.

Probably because up to now you have only been getting one side of the story from the member of that site.

Perhaps I should detail the abuse both I, and more disgustingly my wife and family, have been getting on that particular site. 

I've yet to rise to the bait and have kept within the Admins rules which they reiterated 6 months ago...

"We would like to kindly request that whatever issues have taken place in the past on previous forums are left in the past and no longer find their way on to this forum.

All I can say is that it's a great pity that what happened on another forum should have been brought over onto a new forum. 

Guest Solent Richard

Can you all end this squabble now before it goes into 2016! I only hope the forum admin give some new rules which stops such petty bickering for the new year otherwise I, for one, may well stop partaking in this group.

I enjoy the genuine information and social pleasantries but hate the back biting, goading and unpleasant verbal abuse given by some members of the forum. Please take that type of nasiness to somewhere like Facebook.

Good afternoon Cap'n.

I'd be delighted to see an end to it. I never raise the issue and am more than happy to get on and talk about cruising.

It's what i do best. wink.png wink.png

both sides are as bad as each other and it should be stopped.

Instead of threatening to leave the group (which the protagonists won't give a damn about) might I suggest you study where the sniping comments are coming from in the first instance and contact admin with your concerns.

Guest 132LK132

Good morning Tally.

Let's give Tally the complete picture! Firstly, it is not what happened in another forum, it is what is currently happening and continues to happen on his blog and his continual unsolicited goading of others whenever and wherever he gets a chance.

In true Bullying fashion, the Bully turns victim.

The following should clarify a lot for many:

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/04/26/cruising-mates/

It does not make for enjoyable reading, actually it gives an insight into what a sad man he is.

Of course he has to be on his very best behaviour on this forum, there are very few left that will have him. However, he does not even abide by this, because he uses this forum to post sleights, innuendo etc. directed at his targets that only his target understand while the rest of the membership cannot see it.

He has recently made reference to coffee pods, lost luggage, high end cabins - all referencing a recent cruise taken by one of his targets. To the uninitiated it all appears kosher, to his targets he is using this space to goad them!  

Fudge - for information, I have already reported the comments on this and another thread to admin several days ago but note that nothing has happened. Perhaps the delay is due to tat thing called Christmas. My whole point is that if the bickering continues and there is no intervention by the moderators then the pleasure in this forum is deminished.

Fudge - for information, I have already reported the comments on this and another thread to admin several days ago but note that nothing has happened. Perhaps the delay is due to tat thing called Christmas. My whole point is that if the bickering continues and there is no intervention by the moderators then the pleasure in this forum is deminished.

I hope you made your feelings and the impairment of the forum clear to the moderators. However, I doubt they will take any action against the forum's top poster. And there you have it.

Let's give Tally the complete picture! Firstly, it is not what happened in another forum, it is what is currently happening and continues to happen on his blog and his continual unsolicited goading of others whenever and wherever he gets a chance.

In true Bullying fashion, the Bully turns victim.

The following should clarify a lot for many:

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/04/26/cruising-mates/

It does not make for enjoyable reading, actually it gives an insight into what a sad man he is.

Of course he has to be on his very best behaviour on this forum, there are very few left that will have him. However, he does not even abide by this, because he uses this forum to post sleights, innuendo etc. directed at his targets that only his target understand while the rest of the membership cannot see it.

He has recently made reference to coffee pods, lost luggage, high end cabins - all referencing a recent cruise taken by one of his targets. To the uninitiated it all appears kosher, to his targets he is using this space to goad them!

Your post tells the truth but sadly I doubt that any action will be taken against the forum's top poster.