cruise chef

bruges

The shuttle only goes to Blankenburg Matilda not Bruges.

As cruise chef says it's about 25 minutes from the port by road. 

The shuttle transfer I used was booked through Cruisingexcursions and took me directly from the port to Bargeplein, just next to the city centre. £28 return. See their own description below:

Joining Instructions

The shuttle service will depart from the port at 9am prompt, this is not a guided service, the coach will be waiting with a Cruising Excursions sign clearly displayed in the window.

The drop off point in Bruges is in Bargeplein, just next to the city centre.  Within a 5 minute walk passengers are in the historic part of Bruges.  Passengers can walk over the small bridge and arrive in the Minnewaterpark, the first interesting point of Bruges.  The Market place is approximately 23 minutes’ walk from the drop off point.

The shuttle starts at 9am and returns back to the port for 3.30pm

I hope this helps wanderlust, have a look at their website to see if fits with your cruise.

Guest Solent Richard

If your up for the climb, and an amazing view, my best advice is get to Bruges early and head for the Belfort Tower....

18679646415_1f24f0963a_z.jpg

They limit the numbers allowed up in the tower at any given time. Here's the view...

18679647295_6c4c191ff1_z.jpg

18056977554_f9b64eed72_z.jpg

You even get to see the bells and the clock mechanism...

18491884288_15fa010c39_z.jpg

18056979684_afbb560196_z.jpg

The shuttle transfer I used was booked through Cruisingexcursions and took me directly from the port to Bargeplein, just next to the city centre. £28 return. See their own description below:

Joining Instructions

The shuttle service will depart from the port at 9am prompt, this is not a guided service, the coach will be waiting with a Cruising Excursions sign clearly displayed in the window.

The drop off point in Bruges is in Bargeplein, just next to the city centre.  Within a 5 minute walk passengers are in the historic part of Bruges.  Passengers can walk over the small bridge and arrive in the Minnewaterpark, the first interesting point of Bruges.  The Market place is approximately 23 minutes’ walk from the drop off point.

The shuttle starts at 9am and returns back to the port for 3.30pm

I hope this helps wanderlust, have a look at their website to see if fits with your cruise.

My apologies Matilda when you said shuttle I assumed you were referring to the ships shuttle service to Blankenburg which runs throughout the day I believe rather than an excursion shuttle, my mistake I misunderstood you.

Find more people who want to do transfer to Bruges and share a taxi.We have used the train several times and coach transfers but both have a longish walk into Bruges center. A taxi is 50 euros each way for up to 8 people and drops you off and picks up in Bruges town square. We have definatly found this the most convenient and comfortable.

Guest Solent Richard

Out of interest how's about this fro a return fare to Bruges from Blankenburg...

18056976294_de78711049_z.jpg

So if you have a 'free' shuttle from the ship (P&O and Cunard) that makes Bruges a rather cheap day out.