I'm on Duty this week

Guest Solent Richard

Guest Solent Richard

Thought I'd just give a mention, and hopefully a boost, to the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal this year.

I've been helping out with selling poppies and won the local Asda store just outside Fareham...

22095029934_c67b861e34_z.jpg

I have just been so impressed with the generosity of local people willing to donate pretty large amounts for their poppies and broaches.

And of course, all going to a great cause.

So if I'm not posting so much on here this week you know where I am.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd just give a mention, and hopefully a boost, to the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal this year.   I've been helping out with selling poppies and won the local Asda store just outside Far

It is with regret that we feel the need to intervene in this thread. Until now, we have taken a step back and watched how the conversation unfolded. The post was not deleted and will not be deleted as

Richard,firstly well done for rising above the trolling, secondly well done for contributing to what it no doubt a truly valuable and honorable service.   To the minority of members who feel it nece

Posted Images

Guest 132LK132

Why do you feel the need to tell us this, why not just quietly do what you have to do for this worthy cause?

Many of us do our bit for our chosen charities without the need to tell the world in the hope they will fawn all over us!

Another self adulation thread! rolleyes.gif

'So if I am not posting so much on here this week, you know where I am'

Do I care?

Actually I welcome the break!

Why do you feel the need to tell us this, why not just quietly do what you have to do for this worthy cause?

Many of us do our bit for our chosen charities without the need to tell the world in the hope they will fawn all over us!

Do I care?

I for one would be pleased to hear about the work you do for your chosen charity.

Guest Solent Richard

Do I care?

Your little vendetta appears to be getting desperate L.

While I treat your comments as ‘water off a duck’s back’ I’m sure others will see your comments as a slur against all those dedicated volunteers who give their time, not always in the best of weather conditions, to raise both awareness and funds for those who gave so much.

Shame on you.

Guest Solent Richard

I also posted the original photograph on the Facebook page of the Fleet Air Arm Association that I am a member of. 

One 'tongue in cheek' comment referred to my membership of the Fleet Air Arm first.

So for yesterday's shift I duly obliged by wearing the FAA tie...

22565747550_c5f0aff2d5_z.jpg

Another good day at the office.wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

If you havent heard Richard, Starbucks are giving away free coffee to all poppy collectors with an official collectors badge.

That's my badge (label) hanging from a button on the first photograph. Thanks for the tip.

Richard, I have to wonder why - as someone who decries non-cruising threads - you felt it necessary to explain your absence from this forum with a non- cruising topic. And the conceit that people might actually care that you hadn't posted is immeasurable. My daughter was selling poppies last weekend with her partner, a Flt Lt in the Royal Air Force Air Cadets but I did not assume that this forum are interested in my personal stories, especially someone who deliberately ignores my posts.

Well done Solent Richard for discarding the comments you are a valued and well travelled and friendly member of this forum I for one was wondering where you had gone as I always look forward to your cruise wisdom and photos . The one time you post something non cruise and get slated.  There are other areas of this forum where people are commenting on non cruise related things so why is this different ?