Smoking on P&O

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What does everyone think to portside balconies for smoking and starboard for not??? or vise versa

How about this for a solution, as the ship normally steams forward place all the smoking balcony cabins at the rear of the ship and all the non smoking ones at the front thereby any one who was upwind

Smoking certainly blighted our cruise last month on Arcadia.  We  had two smokers in the next cabin.  We tried to ignore it at the beginning of the cruise, saying to ourselves, they are allowed to do

They do like rocking the boat, so to speak dont they!

When I was last on Azura, I never found the smoking an issue. You know to stick to the opposite side on the decks! I guess there will be disappointed people who want to lounge on the balcony with a ciggy, but that's life!  Certainly wouldnt stop me going on a ship either way.

In all fareness, I can see it from both sides of the arguement. Some people pay that extra for a balcony purely so that they can sit outside and smoke in their own comforts but then on the other hand a non smoker wouldnt want to sit on their balcony with cigarette smoke wafting over them. Its a difficult one, and i guess you'll never please everyone :-/

I heard a few sneaky whispers that somebody else may be introducing a smoking ban on balconies as of 2014. Got a feeling some passengers will not be happy about this decision.

Best regards

Mike

I also read that Disney, Seabourn and Cunard are to introduce smoking bans in 2014

What does everyone think to portside balconies for smoking and starboard for not??? or vise versa

I could see something like this working pretty well. 

• 1 month later...

Did anyone see the pictures of the Princess ship that was nearly destroyed due to a passnger throwing their cigarette butt off the balcony for it to be blown back on board?

I know it's annoying but there are plenty of places on board to smoke, even on deck and if you like cruising it's a shame to stop it over this.

I beleive the ships that still allow smoking on balconies will soon change their policy to be in line with everyone else.

I am a non smoker and my wife smokes - I have never heard of any problems on any of the cruises I have been on so why change it.  If it works leave it alone.

BUT

If P & O are going to follow the others with no smoking bans then announce it at the time the Cruise go on sale.

Don't sell a ticket and then change the rules. Let customers know before accepting our money.