Sunseeker

Adults Only Ships

Hello

Just joined a few minutes ago so this is my first experience of any type of internet forum.

We have cruised quite often  with P & O because they operate adults only ships. We are looking at alternative cruise lines but cannot seem to find any  who operate a similar adults only policy.  As a result we are always drawn back to P & O..Does anyone know if there are are other adults only ships operated by the following:-

Holland America

RCI

Cunard

Celebrity

Fred Olsen

Princess

Many thanks

There are other lines that don't really appeal to families, however, that might be an option.

Cunard certainly rings a bell - we sailed on Queen Mary 2 and there were very, very few children.  Any that were on board were exceptionally well behaved.

On Celebrity Eclipse & infinity there's a lot more for children to do, but again (at least on the Fjord itineraries) there weren't very many children at all.

I don't particularly want there to be lots of children and I haven't had issues.  Perhaps your best bet would be to go with one of the other lines that I mentioned during term time?

I have to agree with dst87, but would also suggest trying some of the more luxury lines such as Azamara, Seabourn, Silversea or Regent. It's less likely that there will be any kids on this type of cruise.

I agree, look at P&O Cruises adult only ships but also the luxury lines are becoming more affordable it seems so worth considering.  I guess other advice would be to look at family ships that have exclusive adult only areas.  Princess are usually really good for this with their sanctuarys on board.

Give Celebrity, Cunard and Holland America a try. Whilst they are not adult only we have never noticed many children on board. Also consider Seabourn, Silverseas, Compagnie du Ponant, Azamara, Crystal and Regent. For smaller ships try one of the Noble Caledonia ships. I don't know your age group but if of mature years then how about Saga, Fred Olsen or Cruise and Maritime.

Thank you alll very much for your helpful comments. We may well take the plunge and try someone other than P and O in the future.

With the exception of one cruise ( a Carribbean transatlantic) we have not encountered any problems with children on cruise ships but after the one bad experience we are keen to avoid any further problems.

Don't forget the obvious, which is make sure you are not booking a cruise during the school holidays.

Made that mistake once....never again. The children get bored by the end of their holiday and that's

when they start to get unruly, noisy, rude and up to all sorts of mischief. Not really the right kind of

holiday for children and of course you never ever see their parents with them. I would think there may

be more chance of NO children on an expensive cruise line.

went on the adults only artemis a few years ago it was very rowdy(.the film cocoon springs to mind). Average age was 81 (would have been higher except for we had 3x 18-21 year olds with us) Great fun & It made me want to grow old disgracefully too.

The only other adult only ship we know of is Cruise and Maritime's Marco Polo.

I shudder when I see Cruise & Maritime mentioned. Been with them 'once' - never again.

cheers

Harvey

I have grown up on them and though we sometimes went around the ships on 'quests' we generally kept our rowdy selves to the kids clubs. Its the very young children crying around the pool that gets to me lol. Now as an adult (23) and one not at all at ease with children, I did like going on an adults only ship, no crying around the pool :D

in my ltd cruise experience the smaller the ships the less children you seem to get, probably as parents dont want to see the kids with nothing to do which would make their holiday more stressful, azamara from family & friends is getting rave reviews

Try Azamara - they are smaller more intimate ships and don't advertise as family friendly. Please don't limit yourself to one cruise line purely because of children... if you do your research and look at lots of options you will find something else that will suit you. You may be missing out on some wonderful experiences because of one bad event!!

I feel I must make it quite clear thaty under no circumstances do I have a 'hatred of children'. The issue I raised in my original  posting merely asked if anyone knew whether a cruise line other than P & O operated adults only ships. The comments I made could in no way be interpretted as a 'hatred of children' and I am concerned that they have been construed as such.

Simply I believe that some families with children are looking for a completely different type of cruise, perhaps with a wider more active range of activities, than what we (as senior citizens) prefer.

What is this hatred of children? Weren't we all one, once! I've been on quite a few holidays where the children were better behaved and more polite than most of the adults.

It's not a hatred of children at all Kite63. Some people like to go on adult only ships in the same way people go to adult only resorts and adult only hotels. There must be a demand for adult only ships otherwise P&O and other cruise lines would not have them.