Chelsea And The Roman Empire

Guest Solent Richard

Guest Solent Richard

Well I'm sorry for the pun SR but 'the force definitely wasnt with Jose'

Don't be sorry Chef, I have broad shoulders. 

It's the team that now count and while I was a great fan of Jose Mourinho the blue blood is still in my veins.

I was amused at the Analogy between Leicester manager Ranieri and Chelsea's Mourinho. 

Jose replaced Ranieri on his first stint at Chelsea in 2004 and it was a Ranieri team that eventually did for Jose.

One must now wonder what will befall a British team when they come up against a European team in one or two seasons time, managed by Jose Mourinho.

How's about an outside bet on Paris Saint-Germain?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning Sammy Sun.   Another great comment and all very eloquently put as one would expect from a 'true' supporter.   It was sad that Fudge introduced the 'personal' element to denigrate a tr

No one would deny mourinhos achievements in the game, but these have been overshadowed by the team's woeful performances in the league. Any other manager would - and has - been sacked a long time ago

Sadly I was not smiling last night. In a game we completely dominated, we somehow managed to concede a stupid goal that cost us. We've been on such a good run and then all of a sudden the Arsenal of o

Posted Images

Let's face it, this is Jose Mourinho we're talking about. He's not going to be out of work for long unless it's by choice. There will be clubs queuing up around the block for his services. I think you've hit the nail on the head there though Richard, I think Paris will be an attractive proposition for him, if they were to part company with Blanc that is. Of course if Guardiola is to leave Bayern at the end of the season then perhaps they may now consider Mourinho instead of Ancelotti, especially following previous comments made by the Bayern hierarchy that there are only a few managers out there of the standard Bayern would accept and Jose's name being one of them. 

If United were to miss out on Guardiola, and I do think that's a distinct possibility, then I think they could do a lot worse than Mourinho. I think he's far superior to Van Gaal and would have a much greater chance of bringing success back to United. Imagine Jose, Wenger, Pep and Simeone all in the Premier League at the same time. Would make interesting viewing.

Your right Sammy and sometimes I think its the sway of who is manager that can determine if a player will jump from one club to another, that and of course the pay packet!

I think it would be good for the UK terams for the champions league next year, I would love to still see Leicester in the mix but think the staying power and large squads will come into there own after the New Year(+will they be able to hang on to Vardy??)

Guest Solent Richard

Let's face it, this is Jose Mourinho we're talking about. He's not going to be out of work for long unless it's by choice. There will be clubs queuing up around the block for his services. I think you've hit the nail on the head there though Richard, I think Paris will be an attractive proposition for him, if they were to part company with Blanc that is. Of course if Guardiola is to leave Bayern at the end of the season then perhaps they may now consider Mourinho instead of Ancelotti, especially following previous comments made by the Bayern hierarchy that there are only a few managers out there of the standard Bayern would accept and Jose's name being one of them. 

If United were to miss out on Guardiola, and I do think that's a distinct possibility, then I think they could do a lot worse than Mourinho. I think he's far superior to Van Gaal and would have a much greater chance of bringing success back to United. Imagine Jose, Wenger, Pep and Simeone all in the Premier League at the same time. Would make interesting viewing.

Good afternoon Sammy.

Just spotted this on BBC Sport website...

"Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola says he has made a decision over his future, while Thomas Muller is one of four players to sign new deals.

Guardiola's contract expires in June and he has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester City.

The Spaniard has told Bayern what he will do and is set to make it public following Saturday's game at Hannover".

Pep to Stamford Bridge, Jose to Manchester?

Question of the day...Which club in Manchester.

Guest Solent Richard

It has been reported that he will not get the full £40million of his contract just a mere £12million pounds which he is due until the end of the season. My heart bleeds for him and his overpriced players who dont deserve the obscene amounts of money floating around football. Come on Leicester City smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Even the £10 Million reported today is not a bad Christmas box to be trousered.

Guest Solent Richard

Im glad he has gone - the arrogance and bullying tactics have no place in Football or sport in general. There should be a ceiling placed on player and manager contracts so that none ar paid more than a head teacher who, on thw whole, provids far more value to society. We should also allow only 4 foreign players in a squad so that local talent get the opportunity to develop skills.

I'm not sure many (well even 11) head teachers would draw crowds of 60K plus every Saturday but you're entitled to your view.

As for limiting the Premiership teams to 4 foreign players, well that would just put the brake on every real fans enjoyment.

After all, isn't it the quality of the current Premiership competition that makes the Premiership the top league worldwide?

Guest Solent Richard

I would welcome Jose to Old Trafford with open arms, ill even go and pick him up and drive him myself

Good morning HTurtle.

It would certainly be your gain, especially with the Home game against Chelsea less than two weeks away.

The weekend papers were up for it as well...

23496210999_5d419f35cb_z.jpg

It would also certainly test the credibility of a certain other member. 

wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

So thats what your having SR and your good lady salad??? If its anything like the office I work in i'm sure they put the scare tactics on them at the pre Christmas meeting.

Well for Sammy tonight a win would certainly consolidate their position as others fail around them

Sure was Cruisechef, I caught the Irish up to their old tricks dumping their beef @£5.99 a kilo in my local Makro...

23821015431_dc6ae4f4b6_z.jpg

Solent Barbara was allowed to indulge as she is two and a half pounds under target.

That was a great game last night, I watched on Sky - especially the second half - and I'm pleased for Sammy.

Three Arsenal players ex Saints Academy. Not bad.

Guest Solent Richard

My latest Bleacher report says that if Jose does go to Man United, Chelsea will probably have to subsidise his wages for the first year.

Apparently he has a clause in his contract that says Chelsea  will guarantee £12 Million a year and Manchester United would be reluctant to pay Jose more than they currently pay LVG: rumoured to be around £6 Million. 

Guest Solent Richard

What price an upset on Boxing Day Sammy?

Must head off and get my newspaper. Can't wait to see how the press are going to treat LVG after he walked out of the press conference yesterday.

Just in case I'm otherwise occupied this afternoon (hic, hic) a very merry Christmas to all the football fans who contribute to this thread.

Guest Solent Richard

What price an upset on Boxing Day Sammy?

Must head off and get my newspaper. Can't wait to see how the press are going to treat LVG after he walked out of the press conference yesterday.

Just in case I'm otherwise occupied this afternoon (hic, hic) a very merry Christmas to all the football fans who contribute to this thread.

Good morning Sammy Sun.

Well my hint at an upset certainly rang true.

I was at St Mary's on Boxing Day evening to witness that game and what a game of total entertainment and some awesome football it was.

It was also interesting to hear the Saints fans give a good reception to Theo Walcott and Alex  Oxlade-Chamberlain then turn their wrath on Callum Chambers.

Still, I'm glad your boys got a win last night, albeit against unfancied Bournemouth, and are now top to go into the New Year.

Guest Solent Richard

Congratulations to Sammy Sun. Arsenal now top of the Premiership.

Chelsea making a U-turn at Selhurst Park and Liverpool falling victim to a player who once cost them £35 Million while their current £35 Million striker went awol.

Don't you just love the beautiful game.

Guest Solent Richard

Three days and no sign of a response from Sammy Sun.

Does anyone think being top of the Premiership has had an affect?

Back to business on the weekend, it's FA Cup time folks.

Come on Scunthorpe.biggrin.png biggrin.png

Guest Solent Richard

Hello Richard. Jack Brownsword, Jack Marriot, Barry Lindsey, Mervyn Jones.

These are just a few of the Scunthorpe legends of my youth.

Rodger.

But I don't see them in the membership list Rodger.

Sign them up.

Afternoon to all on this thread, may I say it has been a total pleasure being in India, there TV has back to back premiership games and highlights from all the games late eveing when the hotel entertainment left a little to be desired, coupled that with 2 full test matches including Ben Stokes amazing innings and my holiday has been complete.

13 channels of sport has more than made up for the lack of internet it's like heaven for any sport fans if you can get over the cheesy adverts of FOGG sent for men!!!

Guest Solent Richard

Hello Richard, would you like directions to Glanford Park, just in case ?.

Rodger.

Good morning Rodger.

Not on this occasion. Job done yesterday. I thought Scunthorpe put up a good fight and their supporters were magnificent.

23682231224_2c8c19fe21_z.jpg

We are in the hat tonight.