Costa Cruises Cancels All Calls Into Turkey For The Remainder Of 2015

Hi  Travel warnings aren't universal.  Britain has warned it's citizen's not to visit Tunisia whereas the French and Germany governments think the country doesn't warrant this embargo.  Costa is erring on the side of caution and if the alternative port(s) are in Greece it will benefit this country's tourist industry.

I've seen this today on world of cruising. I was surprised to see that they have pulled out altogether but as Land Ahoy says, it will benefit the Greek tourist industry. It's a shame for passengers as Istanbul is a great city and it's unfortunate to miss out on visiting there but if the cruise line deems it unsafe or have any doubts then it's their call.

I think they are just the first to pull out I think there will be more as this escalates, I personally wouldn't wan to roam these places knowing these facts, after all was Tunisia on the foreign office list of warnings before the massacre?

I am so sad for cruisers these days having been lucky enough to visit all these lovely places long before todays troubles. CG

As we start a cruise next week, and are visiting Istanbul, this news is very concerning. I have phoned the advice line at P and O and have been told that they have regular meetings about the situation in Istanbul and will still be sailing there and taking passengers on excursions. They consider it to be safe. Let's hope they're correct.