world. When this package is purchased prior to your cruise, 30 minutes
will be added free.
Internet 100
£35.
A 100 minute package of Internet time for use on board, anywhere in the
world. When this package is purchased prior to your cruise, 20 minutes

will be added free

Guest Solent Richard

Hi,thank you to the answers to my last question.Now I would like to know how much PO charge for wifi packages whist on board ship as I want to keep in contact with family.

Waves has given you some prices which are pretty reasonable for ship-side wifi.

I don't know if you have any P&O loyalty status but that will have a bearing on cost as well.

As a caribbean member of the Peninsular Club there is 10% off those prices.

Here are 2 tips for you if you own an iPad or Macbook air. (other brands may work equally well but these are the ones I own).

There is always a bonus offer of additional minutes is you sign up for a package in the first (usually) 24 hours on board.

The best wifi reception is nearly always in or near the Library/Computer manager's desk. On Azura and Britannia it was the best positions though I was also satisfied with cabin reception on Britannia ( B Deck/Deck 14)

Do your business (write emails etc) before logging on to wifi and as soon as you have downloaded any new emails, and assuming you don't want to surf at those prices, log off. 

Now if like me you have an iPad you can now read your emails at leisure wherever.

For Captain Kidd.

I enjoy reading the news and sport even when I'm on holiday. Kind of a religion with me.

I have subscription Apps for the Telegraph and Daily Mail (for my wife)  on my iPad. Everything downloads at the same reasonably short time though I can read the results whenever a slot in my busy onboard schedule allows...

18349887656_02222a702b_z.jpg

each to their own of course.wink.png wink.png

You may find this site useful. http://crew-center.com/crew-wifi-locations-ports-worldwide

Most ships have notoriously slow Wi-Fi where as the ports overseas often have very good Wi-Fi. On most ships one of the best places to get decent Wi-Fi is near the reception desk simply because the company place booster units near the reception so staff have decent Wi-Fi enabling them to deal with customers promptly.

Best prices are on Fred Olsen 1440 minutes for £30 and the fastest is on Royal Caribbean Quantum Class Ships with up to 16Mbps.

I'm with Solent Richard on this as I do exactly the same. As much as I love to switch off whilst I'm away, I do need to pick up my emails from time to time so I do tend to log on, get my emails then log off and read them at my leisure before taking the time to reply. I am also an avid sports fan, in particular football so I often need to get my fix of the latest news etc. For that I too have a few apps on my devices that are ideal to quickly update using the wifi then log off again to read at my leisure. I find this much more appealing than catching up on news through the ships mini newsletters available from the reception desks on board.

Guest Solent Richard

You may find this site useful. http://crew-center.com/crew-wifi-locations-ports-worldwide

Most ships have notoriously slow Wi-Fi where as the ports overseas often have very good Wi-Fi. On most ships one of the best places to get decent Wi-Fi is near the reception desk simply because the company place booster units near the reception so staff have decent Wi-Fi enabling them to deal with customers promptly.

Best prices are on Fred Olsen 1440 minutes for £30 and the fastest is on Royal Caribbean Quantum Class Ships with up to 16Mbps.

I suspect that they are connected via ethernet cable rather than rely on wifi. 

Not sure Richard whom you are referring to as being connected by Ethernet. Certainly not the ships , and the ports rely on the same principal as here with the signal coming down to a Wi-Fi hub and then boosted to the required areas. Ethernet as I understand it is usually only used when a computer is connected direct to the router and that does not apply to any of those I have mentioned with the exception of ships computer rooms and internal systems in some cases. I could of course be wrong as I often get told I am.

• 1 year later...

Internet rices are changing on P&O see below new prices on Arcadia and I believe also now on Ventura. At those costs I would suggest as others have follow the crew to the free wifi spots either at port or in town or find a cafe/bar with free wifi, it will definitely be cheaper to buy a drink and enjoy the local ambience.

For anyone going on a P&O cruise (UK), I just wanted to share some Wi-Fi information. P&O have done away with the previous packages and now have three packages on offer, all continuous 24 hrs.

The basic package is for Social media and messaging. This costs £7.75 but you don't have to log off unless you want to connect with another device like iPad, phone etc. The speed seems a lot quicker, but if you want to include emails, then you must upgrade to the middle package which is £12.75 for 24 hrs. If you want to run Utube or stream videos, you have to upgrade to the full package. All packages are unlimited once you purchase them.