Has Your Luggage Ever Gone Missing?

Hi  I have had my luggage go missing three times while flying.  Fortunately on two occasions it was on return flights back to the UK.  The other was more problematic I was traveling with my elderly mother and the airline (BA) lost her wheelchair but the cruise line were kind enough to lend her one of theirs.  We got the chair back at the first port of call (Barcelona).  I did learn a lesson I never pack his and hers luggage but mix garments in both suitcases in the event of one going missing.

Hi,

My luggage went missing on  the return of a  P & O fly cruise, this was quite upsetting at the time but I must say that Thomas Cook handled this very quickly and efficiently. My case was sent to a different airport and Thomas Cook arranged for it to be sent by courier to my home address, which arrived a few days later. This was inconvenient at the time but was handled very quickly.

Yep! It's happened to me quite a few times whilst I was backpacking around the world! The first time it happened to me my friend and I had flown from a rainy New York to Memphis where they were experiencing a heat wave! We had to wait over 24 hours for our luggage to arrive with only jeans and a top to our name and it was boiling outside!

Another time was when I flew from Seattle to Las Vegas. This time I had travelled in a dress and so as soon as we got to Vegas we just went straight out and got drunk! Then when we got back to our hotel our backpacks were waiting for us :-) So that wasn't too bad. I've found a lot of internal flights in the USA do tend to lose your luggage.

My back pack also went missing when I flew home from Peru back to London. I had accumulated another two backpacks from all the South American shopping over the months! But once I got home it was my main back pack that was missing and all my family and friends' presents were in that one! so they had to wait a couple of days to get their alpaca wool jumpers and silk bed throws haha!

I always carry my toothbrush, a bikini and a small dress or something in my hand luggage now in case it happens again!

Many years ago we flew from Gatwick to Genoa on a Bank Holiday. It was chaos. The baggage handling system had broken down and (not that we knew until later) our bags missed our flight and were sent to Rome. We had a pre-booked hire car waiting for us as we were driving from Genoa down the beautiful coast road, with our first stop being San Giminiano in Tuscany, where we were staying for 5 nights. After much hassle, our luggage was delivered to us in San Giminiano 3 days after our arrival. It contained all my contact lens fluids - a mistake I have never repeated!!

I very nearly lost my luggage a few months ago when I was going away on a girl’s holiday. I went through the usual check in process at the airport of getting my passport and tickets checked and getting my luggage weighed before it went off on the conveyer belt…. As I was walking away a friend of mine noticed that my luggage toppled over and very nearly ended up going the wrong way, luckily the lady behind the desk noticed and quickly moved it back, phew! 

No, but then we don't do flying and it is not easy for them to lose cases between the dock and the cabin. But I still mix our clothes between the cases. They managed to misplace my brother in laws case on the Oriana earlier this year, the label had come off so had been left on one side and forgotten, took 12 hours to find it.