Im really impressed with the artist impressions. just hope it comes out as good in real life.

one thing i have noticed is some regular azamara passengers are up in arms at the fact the back outside deck (links with the buffet) is going to be changed to a pan asian style speciality restaurant? on the blurb it says it will be free to dine in there though so surely an al fresco dining area is a bonus?

I personally think this is a good thing!

I think the addition of any new dining area on board is always a bonus, especially if you're a regular Azamara passengers as it mean it freshens up the ship and gives you something new to look forward to when you next step foot on board. Pan Asian cuisine sounds nice and the setting looks very impressive looking the at the artists renderings they have released. Plus if it is complimentary, surely it's worth a go before complaining so I agree with you on this harley.

Have never had the pleasure of cruising with Azamara but would love to do so one day. The destinations they offer always look very tempting and from a marketing point of view, I think the destination immersion they have created has rapidly moved the brand forward. The only thing that seemed to hold them back was the ships themselves but now they are being re-fitted and the change of the exterior colour scheme as well all points towards a brand making successful strides for the future.

I think the addition of any new dining area on board is always a bonus, especially if you're a regular Azamara passengers as it mean it freshens up the ship and gives you something new to look forward to when you next step foot on board. Pan Asian cuisine sounds nice and the setting looks very impressive looking the at the artists renderings they have released. Plus if it is complimentary, surely it's worth a go before complaining so I agree with you on this harley.

Have never had the pleasure of cruising with Azamara but would love to do so one day. The destinations they offer always look very tempting and from a marketing point of view, I think the destination immersion they have created has rapidly moved the brand forward. The only thing that seemed to hold them back was the ships themselves but now they are being re-fitted and the change of the exterior colour scheme as well all points towards a brand making successful strides for the future.

Hi  Azamara have always had two alternative dining venues as well as the self service area in the evenings and they hold various cuisine themed nights in the latter so the "addition" of this venue isn't as original as the Azamara literature suggests.  Furthermore they have always had a stir fry station and produce wonderful freshly cooked dishes on demand.  As we know all ships are frequently refitted and in truth after the last refit I didn't these I really didn't notice too much difference: the colour schemes used were different but as the ships are very well maintained the fixtures weren't too shabby before the refit.  I am pleased that they haven't gone down the theme park route and are still concentrating on the things which they do well (unique itineraries, good food and service).

Hi  Azamara have always had two alternative dining venues as well as the self service area in the evenings and they hold various cuisine themed nights in the latter so the "addition" of this venue isn't as original as the Azamara literature suggests.  As we know all ships are frequently refitted and in truth after the last refit I didn't these I really didn't notice too much difference: the colour schemes used were different but as the ships are very well maintained the fixtures weren't too shabby before the refit.  I am pleased that they haven't gone down the theme park route and are still concentrating on the things which they well (unique itineraries, good food and service).

Nevertheless it's still an addition and the Azamara marketing campaign has hooked me in smile.png

I personally just think it's a very positive move by Azamara. They have a strong reputation now for providing an excellent cruise holiday experience and in a market that is heavily populated, they found a way to differentiate themselves using the "destination immersion" tactic they implemented, which has worked incredibly well. Combine that with the AzAmazing Evenings and now the ship refurbs, their doing a very good job of taking steps to improve the brand over time. It's a business model that appears very well thought out.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Azamara is still our favourite cruise line...love the ships, the ports they visit and the high standards. The last one we did was 15 nights from Hong Kong to Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore. Stayed at some ports for three days which enables you to experience the country even more. Looking forward to our next one in the West Indies and seeing the new refits.

• 5 months later...

We won a chance to visit the ship while in Southampton last week .....it looks amazing....I've been on Adonia which is a similar layout...so it was amazing to see Azamara Quest...I can't comment on the change aspect with the old design as I never saw it back then.

Now it's like John Lewis...if you see what I mean...

Tapas bar in The Lounge opens at five and we were given a treat to join in and have some with wine.

Would love to book a cruise...wee couldn't see cabins as people were boarding so we could peek in through a door but no pictures allowed.

Hope this works.