Beautiful Yorkshire.

Guest suespud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a geordie through and through and very proud of my roots, and where our family home is..(Jarrow) I must say however I am very happy that we are going to have a bolt hole in Yorkshire!! My OH ha

Hello Spud , from one very good  Yorkshire lady  born and breed through and through. Welcome to God's own County!   I  can probably guess what village you may well be moving to. If it is near Wether

views from the new crash pad..

Posted Images

Guest suespud

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new pad .. do you think Wetherby is ready for us yet :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Oh I am hoping so...lolol

What I like too, is the new place is quite secure...so only those on official business or those invited can access the grounds..not like Meryton House in Windsor, where any Tom, cucumber or Harry with a camera dangling round their necks could wander around the grounds.

Guest Solent Richard

I reckon I must have Yorkshire blood in my veins.

On the one occasion I was 'appointed' away from my home area, as opposed to being 'appointed to a ship', I looked at the financial implications and decided that my wife could be with me.

In 1991 I rented an officer's 4 bedroomed Married Quarter in Corsham, Wiltshire at the then rate of £240.00 a month.

Meanwhile we rented our own home in Warsash, Hampshire at the commercial rate of £850.00 a month.

Ee by gum, canny lad that Solent Richard! YI man.

wink.png wink.png

On the one occasion I was 'appointed' away from my home area, as opposed to being 'appointed to a ship', I looked at the financial implications and decided that my wife could be with me.

In 1991 I rented an officer's 4 bedroomed Married Quarter in Corsham, Wiltshire at the then rate of £240.00 a month.

Meanwhile we rented our own home in Warsash, Hampshire at the commercial rate of £850.00 a month.

wink.png wink.png

I think that your last line strays into "Geordie" SR

This may help with Lancashire proficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWG8sZEh57s

Guest suespud

;) ;)

Well done you !!

For some it isn’t about making money..... our main home in Jarrow is very important to us, its where our 3 children grew up and where our grandchildren now see as their second home ..family is much more important than making a few ££ ..

Having said that..the company covers all expenses..so we have the best of both worlds.. we have never been out of pocket, but we have the chance to live in other parts of the country... in some rather nice apartments...Caswell Bay, Windsor and now Wetherby.

Besides my husband has to be located in the area of his office but he also has to travel abroad extensively which would mean I would be at our second home alone..... so having my real home in Jarrow means I can flit between the two at my convenience and still see plenty of the family.

Guest suespud

I think that your last line strays into "Geordie" SR

This may help with Lancashire proficiency.

Oh I’m sure Solent Richard didn’t get his Geordie and Yorkshire mixed up he knows I am from Jarrow/Newcastle and this thread tells him I also have a pad in Yorkshire so it was probably his attempt at humour, nice to know he’s still following me around the country { noted and logged }

Note to Solent Richard......

If you are going to try to inject some geordie humour in your posts...at least get it right....

Its "why aye man" NOT Yl man.......

• 7 months later...
Guest suespud

Off to Yorkshire to be with my OH for a long weekend tomorrow, apartment in Wetherby for one night, then on friday we are going into York for Dinner and an overnight stay in a nice hotel, spending the day in York, before driving back to the apartment on saturday night.

Sunday we are going to Fountains Abbey to see the snowdrops, afternoon tea in a plush country house, then we are driving back to "canny old Jarra" before he flys off somewhere from Newcastle on monday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. My first post, though I do read on here occasionally.

I am a true Yorkshire girl, born and bred.

We have regular weekends away every year in York and Harrogate.., in fact we are going to Harrogate again on Friday. Also one of my other favourite Yorkshire weekends away has to be Skipton (hi MaggieMou...we converse about Skipton....Bizzy lizzies...)

We also go over to Lancashire a lot, from Skipton, as we have friends who live at a place called Chaigley, near Clitheroe. Lancashire is beautiful, Forest of Bowland... Beautiful places. One of our favourite restaurants that we go to several times a year is The Inn at Whitewell.

If live near the Yorkshire coast, Whitby takes some beating... We stay at The Penny Hedge Hotel, a new hotel and as parking isn't great in Whitby, this new hotel is ideal.

Guest suespud

Filey is lovely Sue, just beneath Scarborough.

We are getting to visit lots of places we haven't been to for years and years.

We visited Fountains Abbey on our weekend away, what an amazing place.

We are going to Harrogate flower show again in April, (on the sunday, taking the big car so we can lots of plants when they sell the displays) staying in hubby's crash pad in Kirk Deighton for the weekend.

We are loving Yorkshire!!

We pass through Kirk Deighton every time we go to Harrogate... Don't know why our sat Nav takes us through it, very windy road... but I tell hubby it's because it's so pretty with a nice church...

We are staying at The Studley Hotel this time... We love trying different hotels there, have stayed in lots of them now.

Guest suespud

We pass through Kirk Deighton every time we go to Harrogate... Don't know why our sat Nav takes us through it, very windy road... but I tell hubby it's because it's so pretty with a nice church...

We are staying at The Studley Hotel this time... We love trying different hotels there, have stayed in lots of them now.

The pub was lovely too,until it closed a couple of weeks ago with no explanation, its open now, under new management again!!

The church is lovely.