Beautiful Yorkshire.

Guest suespud

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a geordie through and through and very proud of my roots, and where our family home is..(Jarrow) I must say however I am very happy that we are going to have a bolt hole in Yorkshire!! My OH ha

Hello Spud , from one very good  Yorkshire lady  born and breed through and through. Welcome to God's own County!   I  can probably guess what village you may well be moving to. If it is near Wether

views from the new crash pad..

Posted Images

Guest Solent Richard

Solent Richard and I are nothing more than aquaitances.I did have the pleasure of his company for four nights on a dining table.But he does drive a BMW.I will say no more.

Rodger.

Ah, but it does have its own tender, Rodger...

18075969414_3abd4864d7_z.jpg

laugh.png laugh.png

Sorry don't wish to hog but thought people would like to know,been to Masham and the Black Sheep Brewery.Very enjoyable.I don't think it is acceptable on this forum to advertise,but the cottage we have just stayed in,close to Ripon,I would reccomend.If anyone sends me a PM I will pass on details.

Rodger.

I don't think you are hogging anything Rodger, the thread is about Yorkshire so it's only natural you would contribute to it.

Did you go to the Magpie in Whitby, the fish and chips really are to die for and worth every penny although it's a number of years since I was last there so I have no idea what they charge now, hope you didn't have to queue for too long if you went.

Hello Dancing Queen.We went to the Magpie and yes they were very good,although strangely the one a few yards away has won all the prizes it seems.Sorry I don't know how much they were.They were bought for me.Cheapskate.

Rodger.

That's the way to get more cruises in.Rodger good on you.tongue.png

Guest suespud

Well I'm off this morning to Wetherby to pick up the keys to the new crash pad...and waiting for the removal people to bring the stuff up from Windsor....Lovely day for moving my hubby a bit closer to home.

Guest Solent Richard

Yesterday evening while sat on the balcony Ventura sailed past. 

Nothing unusual about that?

Well there was actually. As she passed Cowes she changed course from the normal channel and came across at an angle of around 45º to Spithead.

We have some friends from Yorkshire currently sailing on Ventura, they must have pulled a few strings to get a little closer to Solent Towers...

18108276684_af13856cec_z.jpg

angle of around 45º towards

We were at the Magpie a week ago. It was excellent as usual. The menu and prices can be seen here.

http://www.magpiecafe.co.uk/cafe/#content

Whether any of the other fish and chip restaurants are better or not, you can judge by the fact there is usually a queue outside the Magpie. I have never seen a queue outside any of the others. There are quite a lot of tables inside so the queue moves at a reasonable speed.

Brian

I once attended a meeting in Barnsley, where they have local words such as "callin" (talking) and "lakin" (playing).

At the meeting was a German who spoke perfect English, and in a break the discussion centred on football when one man used both these local words in a single sentence.

The bemused German stopped the conversation "excuse me callin, lakin, what are these words"?

Guest suespud

The property we are renting is gated, as it's part of a big house...I had a phonecall on my mobile yesterday from a lovely man from Harrogate council asking where we would like our new recycling bin put..he was inside the gates and wanted to put it in the best place for us. It just brought a smile to my face, I know he was just delivering a bin..but how considerate.