What’S The Difference Between A Normal Balcony And A Superior Deluxe On P&o And Is It Worth The Price Difference?

Looking through the new P&O brochure with the family, we dont normally do balconies (have had 1 4 berth a few years ago) so do not really know the difference but now the parents dont have to pay for us kids they are looking splashing out next year

Can anyone give us a comparison?

Guest suespud

We booked a SDL on Azura...Cabin D 732..which looks lovely.

I dare say we could have got a cheaper cabin, but loved the balcony on this one and the extra space and full size bath for my OH

We had suites on Oceana and Arcadia, but Im very pleased with our choice on Azura.

Cant wait.

Guest Solent Richard

I know on the Azura the Deluxe balconies are much bigger with a sitting area, the actual balconys are also bigger but these are over looked by the deck above.. So make sure you dont walk out comando!!

This is just from my experience anyway!! wink.png

And a Superior deluxe balcony cabin on Azura...

8079890427_1bdbfbf3ba_z.jpg

We found the balcony fine. There is a shaded area close to the window and being overlooked never bothered us.

An example of why we go for a suite: Oceana 2011, Panama Canal. We had an unobstructed view of both sides of the canal at the rear of the ship. It took pretty much the whole day to get through the canal and we were able to sit in the comfort of our own balcony - and food and drink, if we wanted it, were just a phone call away.

An example of why we go for a suite: Oceana 2011, Panama Canal. We had an unobstructed view of both sides of the canal at the rear of the ship. It took pretty much the whole day to get through the canal and we were able to sit in the comfort of our own balcony - and food and drink, if we wanted it, were just a phone call away.

Man after my own heart, Embo.

im going in a 4 berth standard balcony soon , 4 of us! will let you know how we get on and if its worth paying the extra for deluxe!

4 in a standard cabin is always tight while a deluxe cabin will give more room on the balcony and the sofa area. Most cabins will either have the sofa pull out or a drop down bunk will happen. Remember the bathroom will be shared :)    Sometimes it is better for two to have the balcony and two in an inside or outside  with drinks for all on the balcony.. Applies to most cruise  lines

My own advice would be to splash out and take a suite or mini-suite. We have only ever had that sort of accommodation. It is an indulgence, true, but thoroughly recommended if you can afford it. Maybe fewer cruises but with better accommodation.

ha ha .. we took a Princess mini-suite on a short 3 day cruise and the balcony, one could have had a small dance group on it while the bathroom was very large with a bath and shower with two sinks. The living room area had a sofa , large desk, table and two TV's . problem was both TV;s were right beside each other but angled so you could watch different channels but you would need ear phones to head the different programs

ha ha .. we took a Princess mini-suite on a short 3 day cruise and the balcony, one could have had a small dance group on it while the bathroom was very large with a bath and shower with two sinks. The living room area had a sofa , large desk, table and two TV's . problem was both TV;s were right beside each other but angled so you could watch different channels but you would need ear phones to head the different programs

Our balcony on the Oceana was superb, so when we recently sailed on Britannia I expected something even better. In the event I believe it was inferior. However, the suite on the newer ship was, IMHO, a better product. You win some, you lose some.

An interesting point worth noting for balconies/superior deluxe balconies on Azura and Ventura is that the Superiors do have larger balconies, which can be a popular selling point but if you book a standard balcony cabin on C deck, these cabins do have larger balconies themselves, the same as Superiors therefore you're getting a nice compromise; a bigger balcony but without the extra cost. The only benefits you would miss out on are the extra seating area in the cabin and the bath/shower rather than just a shower. I've sailed in both styles of cabin and I did enjoy the superior on board Ventura but would happily sail in a standard balcony cabin. All comes down to the difference in price.

Guest suespud

I must point out that the balconies on C Deck, Ventura and Azura are much bigger than the Superior Deluxe Balconies.  Actually twice the size.

There are a couple of exceptions...

D732 & D723....

Fab balconies..

They dont show on deck plans.

Having had a deluze balcony on the Ventura don't waste your money could have had two cruises for what we paid. Advertised as all being re vamped ours wasn't. Was dirty carpets really bad and I mean dirty, no extras as advertised. Flowers advertised as fresh were plastic. Bathroom mould everwhere. They did try to clean it again, but everything was just to old to do anything with. I think the builders had used it as their cabin during upgrades. Took Us over Six months to get any compensation. This was for two cabins as family was with us.Never again will I travel on P & O. We were frequent traveller. Only Cunard for us now. So beware check where the cabin is and if it has been revamped. Somebody even dropped a cigarette from a balcony above and set fire to the towel on the balcony chair which burnt through to the chair on the balcony. Thankfully I had just got up for the chair. Nobody was interested.It was a good job that somebody was in the cabin at the time. Sorry P&O you have lost two good frequent travellers. I have travelled on Ventura before on a normal balcony cabin. which was in fact better than the deluze was. So beware.