Newbie To The Forum

Hi my name is Elaine, my husband and I took our first cruise in 2005 and fell I love with it. We are currently looking forward to our tenth cruise in February 2014 on P&O Adonia. This will be our first trip on a P&O ship so any tips would be welcome.

We have previously cruised with celebrity, Thomson and OV.

We are new to forums so Looking forward to hearing from you. ⛵️

Hi Elaine, I have travelled on Adonia with my husband and she is wonderful. I have cruised for a long time and always used to travel on the larger ships however after sailing on Adonia i am hooked, the best way i can describe her is like a country house hotel, she has a very traditional intimate feel and the level of service you get is excellent.

I hope you have a wonderful time x

Hi Elaine, I have travelled on Adonia with my husband and she is wonderful. I have cruised for a long time and always used to travel on the larger ships however after sailing on Adonia i am hooked, the best way i can describe her is like a country house hotel, she has a very traditional intimate feel and the level of service you get is excellent.

I hope you have a wonderful time x

Hi Rachel thank you. I am really looking forward to it. My only worry is they have assigned us to first sitting for evening dinner and we are on a waiting to swap to second sitting. We never eat early on holiday so I hope this does not spoil our cruise if we cannot swap , as I hear the buffet restaurant doesn't open every evening.

I wouldn't worry too much SunQueen. Look at the benefits you will get (especially if you enjoy the shows). After 1st sitting, a stroll to the theatre, your favorite bar etc and you are almost guaranteed to get a seat. My wife prefers 2nd sitting, but we found the early shows a bit too early and unfortunately missed most. So, it's 1st sitting for us. Everyone to their own choice of course, but I'm sure it won't spoil your cruise.

Hi, I have cruised with P&O, Celebrity, Princess, NCL & Costa. I have to say P&O is definitely my favourite. The food is great, there are tea & coffee making facilities in the cabin. We were allowed to bring alcohol on board to consume in the cabin.

I also liked the idea of the retreat which was an area attached to the spa which was great on sea days ( though best to per book as very popular.