Cunard Ship Visits

Guest Solent Richard

Guest Solent Richard

Yesterday I had the privilege to be invited as a 'host' on a Silver Travel' sponsored visit to Cunard's Queen Elizabeth in Southampton.

There were around 40 prospective Cunard cruisers, none of whom had been on Cunard before.

The team...

17362436699_34cef80138_z.jpg

A comprehensive tour of the ship was given and most areas were covered...

The Royal Court Theatre

17522406946_3c321f213d_z.jpg

The Spa

17548654091_f7832fb6e2_z.jpg

The Winter Garden

17360973048_96c1b28793_z.jpg

and a selection of bars, including...

The Commodore Club

17522409696_98e8933f2c_z.jpg

The visit also included a viewing of a variety of staterooms ranging from a Queens Grill Suite...

17362437259_aa95ba69b0_z.jpg

to an Inside Stateroom

17360977398_ed184bc573_z.jpg

On completion of the tour which took around 2 hours there was an excellent lunch in the Britannia restaurant.

Cunard organise many such visits and the initial feedback that i received from yesterday's visitors was that the day had been very worthwhile.

Guest Solent Richard

Apart from answering many questions I was on a mission.

Cunard had, since the last occasion I had sailed in the Grills, had fitted sun shades on the Grills Deck. Shaded areas had been a problem when we sailed to the caribbean on her a few years ago. 

All appears to have now been resolved...

17546510632_b1b2d735f4_z.jpg

The permanent shades have now been fitted to both sides of the Grills Deck.

My other mission was to check out the availability of books in the excellent two level library.

While I was impressed with he variety the particular book I was interested in wasn't there though it was good to be reminded just how comprehensive the library stock is...

16928439013_459b3f8462_z.jpg

Good morning Richard. I was lucky enough to take part in a ship visit to Queen Elizabeth a couple of years ago. Enjoyed it very much.  Only gripe was my son, then 13 wasn't allowerd to come onboard with me, even though there are children's clubs aboard so it is a family ship.  I feel we must encourage the younger generation to appreciate such things as Cunard !  Clare

Guest Solent Richard

Good morning Richard. I was lucky enough to take part in a ship visit to Queen Elizabeth a couple of years ago. Enjoyed it very much.  Only gripe was my son, then 13 wasn't allowerd to come onboard with me, even though there are children's clubs aboard so it is a family ship.  I feel we must encourage the younger generation to appreciate such things as Cunard !  Clare

Good morning Clare.

I have to admit that I don't know the logic behind that rule. Shame I wasn't aware as i would have asked the Cunard representative in charge.

Guest Solent Richard

These kind of ship visits look great. Seems to give people a good opportunity to get a feel for what it's like on board a ship before they book.

With the added advantage of a small discount when eventually booking.

Guest Solent Richard

Good morning Richard. Regarding the children being allowed on the tours, perhaps you can have a word in an appropriate ear !!  Clare

I certainly will Clare.