Hi star trek welcome to the forum we have been on Oceana agreed it is tired in areas, but crew and over holiday made more than up for it overall, so I didn't complain further from what i put on the service card. Do you have some pictures that may help your case with P&O? is it your first time with them?

We were on Oceana this March and certainly did not find her shabby.  Yes maintenance work was being carried out as an on-going thing but we had a fantastic time.  This is the fourth time we've been on her and we still enjoy being aboard.  She had undergone a refit since we were last on her so it was interesting to see the differences.  Certainly not shabby or rusty!

I sailed aboard Oceana in 2013 and while she may not be as large or innovative as some of the new ships on the block, my wife and I had a great time. It was one of the best holidays we've had. Cannot comment on the state of the ship since as we have mostly done land-based holidays since then but would definitely go back on Oceana having had a lovely cruise.

Hi.

jUST THOUGHT I WOULD UPLOAD 1 PHOTO OF RIGHT HAND DOOR AS YOU CAN SEE CORRODED RIGHT THROUGH SAME ON  LEFT DOOOR THESE ARE THICK ALUMINIUM RIGHT ON HINGE OF DOORS.

ALSO HAVE ELECTRIC SOCKETS COVERS FALLING OFF.

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.

THANKS

RICHARD

post-6228-0-51475400-1431192163_thumb.jpg

Star Trek - did it stop you opening and closing the door? I would have thought that any external metal subject to sea spray etc would corrode. I would have reported it so the crew knew there could be a problem in the future if maintenance was not undertaken.

If the door did not function properly and it spoilt your cruise then it should have been reported during the cruise and, if no action has been taken, then followed up with P&O.

Hi Fred21

Reported with photos to P.O. no reponse about the defects .

The corrosion is interena.. The door worked but was heavey reported all faults the remedy for door was WD40 nothing said about the structure if this can corrode what else was there ?? unseen my point is lack of maintainance .

If i took my car in with gaping holes in door would it pass it test.

And what would happen if put under stress.

Thanks for your comments  i hope i gave a little more information.

RICHARD