Our first cruise was with P&O following the launch of Ventura and every cruise since has been with P&O, on either the Oceana or Ventura. Looking forwards to our first cruise on Azura on the 20th Oct around the Canaries, and already booked one of the new P&O Med Fly Cruises for next year from Venice on the Ventura. I guess we are "P&O er's".

Hello been on most of the P&O SHIPS plus about 6 other lines,All very similar just different colour schemes.Just for info Cunard prices are in Dollars whilst P&O in Sterling. QM2 probably biggest and nicest ship been on.If you book Balcony beware two different types, some are metal box type balconys whilst others are what I term as normal glass frontage.

Guest shilly3191

Started cruising in 1997 with Cunard after 5 cruises got disappointed with Cunard so moved to P&O and started in 2000 on one of Aurora's Maiden cruises  :lol: and have since done well over 20 cruises with P&O but got totally disillusioned and realised they werent as good as or what people thought and have now moved on to Princess which is by far better value and much better cruise experience. As P&O once said "there is a world out there" and yes there is and think more people should try other cruise lines and they might then realise P&O are not as good as people think.

We are basically P&Oers but have been on other lines too. Went on QM2 in Jan/Feb 2013. Thought we were going on a 5star ship but were VERY disappointed as were a lot of other people on the ship. We made the mistake of having a "sheltered balcony". Cunard are very good at selling their product. Pity the realisation falls short of the expectation. We went on the old QE2. That was fantastic. The QM2 is not a patch on that!

Guest shilly3191

We sailed on QE2 4 times firstly in 1997 and dined in both Caronia and Mauretania restaurants and the experience got worse the more cruises we did that we never sailed on her again. A very overrated ship with poor facilities and full of people that wanted to live on nostalgia and the snobbery of telling everyone they had sailed on QE2 when she wasnt by any means that good.

My first cruise was at Christmas onboard Canberra in 1971 with a group of single people travelling with the firm "Batchelors Abroad" to the Caribbean for 23 days. It was so good the whole lot of us rebooked for the next 2 years and having mixed with a number of passengers who always stayed on for the World Cruise thought how wonderful that would be. Little did I know that my dream was to be realised just 5 yeas later after being made redundant, I was the happiest man in the company as the company folded. The directors were astounded when I told them later that I went back to my office and had booked a world cruise but I would send them all a post card from my ports of call as a thank you. The fact that I was just returning from a World Cruise in April was also the reason I was re-employed soon after disembarcation at Southampton. It was the strangest interview I ever went for as all I was asked about was "Where I had been and What I'd seen" with one final question, the job is yours if you wish to start on Monday. I stayed till retirement for a total of 25years. I now say that I did my gap year in comfort at the age of 40 to those who ask. There's more to cruising than just seeing the world!!!!!!

WENT ON THE QE2 THE YEAR IT WAS ANNOUNCED SHE WAS BEING SOLD TO THE ARABS...MINE WAS A LAND OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN VOYAGE. IT WAS A FASCINATING TRIP WITH SOME STUNNING PORTS OF CALL (GEIRANGER BEING MY FAVOURITE ALONG WITH TROMSO THE CAPITAL OF THE ARCTIC). BUT AS FOR THE LINER (NOT TO BE TOO IMPOLITE )SHE WAS LITTLE MORE THAN A RUST BUCKET; A JADED QUEEN OF THE HIGH SEAS THAT REALLY WAS PAST HER SAIL-BY DATE IN 2008. HAVE SEEN HER SINCE TWICE IN DUBAI AND SHE WAS EVEN A SADDER SIGHT BUT SHE STILL MANAGED TO SOUND HER WHISTLE IN SALUTE AS QUEEN MARY 2 SAILED PASSED.

We have sailed on P&O many , many times in and around 1979/ 1990 era. We had some great cruises and P&O were the bees knees in those days.However, sad to say now a days we find them not to our taste: Cunard is now our preferred line of choice. We also like Princess as the food is good and far better than P&O.

Cunard it is for us! as we know we get looked after well and with more style.