When it comes to complaints many people are unable to distinguish between reasonable and unreasonable issues.

On a typical restaurant or hotel review site to attain useful information I find it most useful to discard the best and worst reviews as being equally biased, and focus on those between that avoid the use of expletives and make rational argument and subsequent judgements.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a three week trip on Azura a couple of years ago. At dinner on the first evening after we had flown to Bridgetown it was Open Seating as passengers were arriving at all different times. There was a couple on the other side of the table who looked quite miserable. Eventually the husband said, "We don't like Azura!" His wife responded, "No, we don't like it at all!" The rest of us looked on amazement. I wish I'd had the nerve to say, "Why on earth book a three week cruise on a ship you don't like?" Amazing!

It is entirely possible that it was the first time these people had sailed on Azura, and, after boarding, and having had a look around decided that they disliked the ship?   One supposes that they looked at the brochure or online etc.  but clearly once they boarded took a dislike to it.  Whatever the circumstances, they will have had to make the most of the cruise. 

• 7 months later...

Just read all the thread and afraid comments made reflect our own experience on Arcadia from which we returned last week. We were on Freedom dinning and when the same couple appeared on our table after having had to put up with their moaning on a previous evening, I had to point out that I was very much enjoying the ship and the cruise and the only thing that on occasions broke into the enjoyment of the cruise was people who continuously moaned about their dislikes to other passengers. That was the last we heard from the 'moaners' as a short starp comment seemed to shut them up. I suggest all passengers who come into contact with these boring people, respond with a similar gesture. If they have a genuine complaint, they should politely address this to the appropriate crew member. Not spoil everyone else's holiday.

Sadly some people just feel the need to moan in general, I don't think this is unique to cruising though, it's almost as if some people have an inherent need to vent frustrations about anything and everything. In cruising terms though, this is precisely why I like a table for 2 - I can enjoy my evening meal in peace and tranquility while appreciating my surroundings and not listening to moaning waffle!

I agree with everything Ali 05 is saying!
People don't want to pay the higher fare however want all of the choices such as cabin number and dining time confirmed! You can't have it all!
Also what i find when i personally go on a large table, everyone talks about what they paid for the cruise! So annoying, enjoy your holiday! Youve already paid for the holiday and you agreed and were happy with the price when you did so just shhhhh!

Dont want to be classed as a complainer we recently booked a Saver fare with Cunard and knew the T&Cs in advance and were happy with these. What annoyed me is when we got onboard and our first dinner one couple were proud to say that they had booked a Saver fare also and on getting onboard because they didnt want 8-30pm sitting for dinner which they were allocated they queued and changed to 6pm sitting and then all week moaned about being on a rectangular table for 6 and after a week asked to be moved to a round table and we never dined with them again. I am sorry but this might upset some people but when you book a Saver fare with Cunard or P&O you should be told NO when you ask to change either your cabin or dining details, it is not fair on those that have paid the higher Select price. We had cabin and dinner sitting allocated to us by Cunard and had a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Dont want to be classed as a complainer we recently booked a Saver fare with Cunard and knew the T&Cs in advance and were happy with these. What annoyed me is when we got onboard and our first dinner one couple were proud to say that they had booked a Saver fare also and on getting onboard because they didnt want 8-30pm sitting for dinner which they were allocated they queued and changed to 6pm sitting and then all week moaned about being on a rectangular table for 6 and after a week asked to be moved to a round table and we never dined with them again. I am sorry but this might upset some people but when you book a Saver fare with Cunard or P&O you should be told NO when you ask to change either your cabin or dining details, it is not fair on those that have paid the higher Select price. We had cabin and dinner sitting allocated to us by Cunard and had a great cruise.

I do agree with you.This happens on P&O too. On our Oriana cruise last year, we were having the buffet lunch in the Oriental having just boarded, and there was a large queue of people all waiting to change their dining time. The restaurant manager did check if people were on saver fares but nevertheless promised to see what he could do. Some people seem to want it all, a cheaper fare but still the same choices as those who’ve paid more.