Sign in to follow this  
charlielou

Dubai Stopover

I'm looking at a stopover in Dubai for a cruise around Australia.  Has anyone got any good recommendations for hotels and how many nights I would need to make it a worthwhile stopover.  I'm thinking of around 4 nights on the outbound and 2 nights on the return.

Appreciate any comments :)

jumierah beach seems a popular one or i know of someone who stayed in the city i think its called habtour grand. why not try dubai one way and somewhere else on the return?

I can recommend the Shangri-la for down town. We spent 3 nights there on a pre-Azamara stop-over in November 2013. We were sufficiently impressed with Shangri-la that I am currently writing this whilst sat in our Horizon Club suite in the Kowloon Shangri-la, Hong Kong. Again, a 3 night stop-over prior to boarding Celebrity Millenium on Sunday.

Out of town, we enjoyed a relaxing 2 night stop-over at the Sofitel Jumeriah Beach on the way back from Australia in February last year. It has a superb lounging area round the outdoor infinity pool. It's buffet dinner offering was also superb and much better than dining in it's posh French restaurant.

Guest Solent Richard

I'm looking at a stopover in Dubai for a cruise around Australia.  Has anyone got any good recommendations for hotels and how many nights I would need to make it a worthwhile stopover.  I'm thinking of around 4 nights on the outbound and 2 nights on the return.

Appreciate any comments smile.png

Hi Charlie.

You don't say when you are travelling (dates).

I have had three stopovers in Dubai and on two occasions stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

It was fabulous BUT...

On one occasion we were there in August and it really is too hot. 

February to end of April was fine.

If speed of travel wasn't a factor I'd switch one stopover to Singapore.