What's Your Favourite Cruise Duration?

Hi  Cruises vary in length from a couple of nights to over 3 months.  The shortest cruise I have undertaken was four nights the longest 18 nights. However, most have been between 10 and 14 nights.  I personally prefer around 10 nights, I fail to get bored, it's long enough to have a relaxed holiday and see sufficient sites before returning home and plan my next vacation.   What's your favourite cruise length - it may depend on work commitments or cost etc.?

If we lived closer to the ports the shorter cruises would be okay. Since we now drive from 700 to 1,100 miles to port we prefer the longer cruises of 10 to 14 days. If there is not one we like then we look for back to back cruises with different itineraries for the two weeks. We've done that 3 or 4 times now.

Would probably change dependant on how much you enjoyed your latest holiday.

If the weather is fine, the food good, interesting conversation at dinner, etc, then I would wish the cruise to continue.

However, referring to a photo on one of the blogs showing a queue for an ice show stretching the length of the ship, it would be a case of the shorter the better on this one.