Detailed Review Of Qe (January 2015) And A Comparison With Qm2 And Qv

After our recent voyage to Hamburg we put together a detailed review complete with many pictures of our experiences onboard. After sailing on the other current Cunard queens within the last 7 months and compling detailed reviews on them (see the review for links) we also took this opportunity to compare and contrast the three ships in this review. I hope some of you will find this a useful review and feature

Link to review below

http://pictureherethereandeverywhere.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/qe-review-and-comparison-with-qm2-and.html

Guest Solent Richard

After our recent voyage to Hamburg we put together a detailed review complete with many pictures of our experiences onboard. After sailing on the other current Cunard queens within the last 7 months and compling detailed reviews on them (see the review for links) we also took this opportunity to compare and contrast the three ships in this review. I hope some of you will find this a useful review and feature

Link to review below

http://pictureherethereandeverywhere.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/qe-review-and-comparison-with-qm2-and.html

What an excellent review with so many good photographs.

Total dedication to the cause.

And what I was most impressed with was the variety of photographs, including the menus, which were produced on a four day cruise.

Puts some to shame.

Hello,you never fail to dissapoint Terminator.

Rodger.

You beat me to that Rodger.

Guest Solent Richard

Another fact I liked was that we both visited The Veranda on different days and still managed to choose different dishes.

The Scallop Mousse with Langoustine...

16078002897_0845149e69_z.jpg

The Turbot...

16076341418_9c9ed1dac4_z.jpg

...and the Classic Profiterole with Poached Pear...

15641446534_ce766cb180_z.jpg

Now that's what I call a lunch.

Hello,you never fail to dissapoint Terminator.

Rodger.

Hi Rodger

Only telling it as I see it...

It's an excellent review there's no doubt in that but for the reasons stated I really lost interest after the umpteenth photo.

I don't write reviews for that very reason...I lose the will to carry on after a while.

Attention span of a goldfish that's me

Guest Solent Richard

Hi Rodger

Only telling it as I see it...

It's an excellent review there's no doubt in that but for the reasons stated I really lost interest after the umpteenth photo.

I don't write reviews for that very reason...I lose the will to carry on after a while.

Attention span of a goldfish that's me

Surely even a short 'Terminator'  review with just a few photographs would add something to this forum.

Who knows how well it would be received.

Another fact I liked was that we both visited The Veranda on different days and still managed to choose different dishes.

The Scallop Mousse with Langoustine...

16078002897_0845149e69_z.jpg

The Turbot...

16076341418_9c9ed1dac4_z.jpg

...and the Classic Profiterole with Poached Pear...

15641446534_ce766cb180_z.jpg

Now that's what I call a lunch.

And The point of this Post is ............  ?

(Trumping)

Guest Solent Richard

Hello Richard

I may very well accommodate you depending on how much time is taken up looking after my disabled friend on our "cruise"

Does a narrow boat trip count as that's my main excursion this year due to funds being rather short.

P.S.

Note the use of the word "may"

Of course Terminator, you could always do a review of a cruise you have already done.

I also I generally do my reviews on completion, when I can report on the whole picture and have plenty of time.

So sorry to hear 'funds' are short.

Guest Solent Richard

(Trumping)

Well good morning Pennbank.

My word, you were up late last night, but good to see you back on the Forum after a short absence. You were certainly correct in an earlier remark, Queen Elizabeth was big enough to accommodate both of us without bumping into each other: not that I'd recognise you anyway in your anonymous mould.

Now to answer your question, I would have thought it pretty obvious really.

Gareth,  having shown one set of meals from the Veranda menu amongst his excellent photographs, I chose to illustrate the variety, available in The Veranda, by showing something different.

Remember, a photograph is worth a thousand words. wink.png wink.png

Of course Terminator, you could always do a review of a cruise you have already done.

I also I generally do my reviews on completion, when I can report on the whole picture and have plenty of time.

So sorry to hear 'funds' are short.

Morning Richard

Having given it more thought and the fact that you are so intent on my writing a review I have decided that under no circumstances will I now be acquiescing to your request so I hope that has put that to bed.

Your last post to pennbank has made my mind up on that..why are you so intent on knowing the identities of posters who it would seem would rather stay anonymous?

It's their decision and one that should be respected.

And I thank you for your sentiment concerning my "funds" but I'll be alright..it's just that I'm not the avid cruiser that some are and have other irons in the fire.

Guest Solent Richard

Morning Richard

Having given it more thought and the fact that you are so intent on my writing a review I have decided that under no circumstances will I now be acquiescing to your request so I hope that has put that to bed.

Your last post to pennbank has made my mind up on that..why are you so intent on knowing the identities of posters who it would seem would rather stay anonymous?

It's their decision and one that should be respected.

And I thank you for your sentiment concerning my "funds" but I'll be alright..it's just that I'm not the avid cruiser that some are and have other irons in the fire.

Good afternoon Terminator.

Entirely your prerogative of course but I would add that there is no obligation to reveal one's true identity when writing a revue: a screen  name along the lines of 'Terminator' would always sufice and would surely add a degree of credibility to one's forum standing.

Equally, of course, a review, any review, would add to the prominence of the forum, itself no bad thing if that is where one's heart is of couse.

Guest Solent Richard

(Trumping)

Good afternoon Pennbank.

Somewhat remiss of me I'm afraid, I forgot to ask whether you enjoyed your cruise to Hamburg on Queen Elizabeth. I certainly did, particularly in the sxcellent company  that I was in.

Good afternoon Terminator.

Entirely your prerogative of course but I would add that there is no obligation to reveal one's true identity when writing a revue: a screen  name along the lines of 'Terminator' would always sufice and would surely add a degree of credibility to one's forum standing.

Equally, of course, a review, any review, would add to the prominence of the forum, itself no bad thing if that is where one's heart is of couse.

I wasn't aware that my forum standing needed a "degree of credibility" thank you very much...

It certainly wasn't in the terms and conditions when I joined....

It's a shame as this forum showed much promise when it started but lately it's dying on it's feet with virtually no new posts for long periods of time.

Guest Solent Richard

I wasn't aware that my forum standing needed a "degree of credibility" thank you very much...

It certainly wasn't in the terms and conditions when I joined....

It's a shame as this forum showed much promise when it started but lately it's dying on it's feet with virtually no new posts for long periods of time.

Ah, but the quality of the majority of the posts is notable. 

And as I do keep saying, the more members that contribute with their cruising experience the better it will getIn the meantime the higher the level of  answers we experienced cruisers give new members with questions the more likely they are to return with their experience.

I could refer to Baldeagle's Valparaiso and Santiago question as an example.

Note to self. Mustn't get too off topic on this Queen Elizabeth thread.

Thank you GRoberts80, for I have just spend a very relaxing time reading your very interesting and informative review, together with your excellent photographs. My mouth was watering at the food menus together with pictures of some of the dishes. I, for one, appreciate the time and effort you have put into your review.