What Will You Choose? Free Drinks + Free On Board Spend Or Free Gratuities?,

Three big offers, choose & go*!

Celebrity Cruises 123Go offer is back by popular demand! On selected 2015/16 departures to Europe & the Med, you can choose TWO of the following benefits when you book an Oceanview or Balcony stateroom:

1) FREE Drinks - Worth up to $1400pp
2) FREE On Board Spend - Up to $300 per stateroom
3) FREE Gratuities

Alternatively, if you splash out on a Concierge stateroom or above you'll receive all THREE offers!

PLUS 3rd & 4th guests receive FREE Wifi & FREE Soft Drinks*

Book with Bolsover Cruise Club and there's NO CREDIT CARD FEE saving you 1.5%

View the cruises >

*Terms & conditions apply, please call for details

Guest Solent Richard

Go on Duncan, give them another chance. As they say, you will save the credit card fee which most other agents still charge.

Now if you are like me and have a cash back or rewards card there are even more savings to be made.

I'm already planning to book the Eclipse cruise to the Fjords on 30th April 2016.

I can't wait!  Doubt I'll book with Bolsover after a poor experience dealing with them when getting quotes for my Splendour cruise.  Shame, as I've heard so many great things!

Good morning dst87,

I'm sorry to hear you you've received poor experience from us, i'd like to understand what went wrong so we can look into it. However i'm having difficulty locating your details on our records, would you be able to message me with either your Cruise Club membership number or postal address so I can find your quote details and see who dealt with your enquiry?

Many thanks 

Guest shilly3191

Sorry to be a bit of downer but does anyone really believe these "free" offers you have to book at least an ocean view cabin and the prices for a 14 nt cruise are very expensive so IMO you are paying for it and not really free and not being a big drinker makes it an expensive cruise compared to others.

Sorry to be a bit of downer but does anyone really believe these "free" offers you have to book at least an ocean view cabin and the prices for a 14 nt cruise are very expensive so IMO you are paying for it and not really free and not being a big drinker makes it an expensive cruise compared to others.

i have been keeping an eye on a cruise and the price did not alter when the new things came on, but looking around 2016 cruises are a lot cheaper than 2015 cruises with celebrity so its good they have included 2016 in the offer

Go on Duncan, give them another chance. As they say, you will save the credit card fee which most other agents still charge.

Now if you are like me and have a cash back or rewards card there are even more savings to be made.

The credit card fees were the incentive I needed to pick up the phone, though now my usual agent has agrees to waive the Amex charges too.

Good morning dst87,

I'm sorry to hear you you've received poor experience from us, i'd like to understand what went wrong so we can look into it. However i'm having difficulty locating your details on our records, would you be able to message me with either your Cruise Club membership number or postal address so I can find your quote details and see who dealt with your enquiry?

Many thanks 

My disappointment was that when I called the agent I spoke to didn't really seem to care much about my enquiry, refused to give me a quote by e-mail (albeit with the understanding the prices can change) and apparently didn't have a direct dial telephone number or e-mail address, which in my view doesn't back up the idea that I get an agent dedicated to me who gets to know me.  I didn't get as far as having a membership number, though I did provide all of my details to the agent who provided the quote.

Unfortunately I expected a very good service as I know Richard (above) has high standards and his recommendation carries much weight.  Perhaps I was unlucky, but a friendly, professional service was not my experience.

The credit card fees were the incentive I needed to pick up the phone, though now my usual agent has agrees to waive the Amex charges too.

My disappointment was that when I called the agent I spoke to didn't really seem to care much about my enquiry, refused to give me a quote by e-mail (albeit with the understanding the prices can change) and apparently didn't have a direct dial telephone number or e-mail address, which in my view doesn't back up the idea that I get an agent dedicated to me who gets to know me.  I didn't get as far as having a membership number, though I did provide all of my details to the agent who provided the quote.

Unfortunately I expected a very good service as I know Richard (above) has high standards and his recommendation carries much weight.  Perhaps I was unlucky, but a friendly, professional service was not my experience.

Hi Duncan ,

I’m sorry you felt the agent didn’t care about your enquiry, it is company policy not to give quotes via email due to the cruise lines operating a fluid pricing policy, which may result in your written quote becoming invalid.

From our experience we have found we can provide a more personal service over the phone or face to face rather than by sending emails, it has proved to be a more efficient and friendly way of communicating. As we have a bespoke telephone system and call-back service in place we don’t  offer direct telephone numbers for individual consultants, as they are not manned 24-hours or when the consultant is on leave.

I do hope this won’t deter you from trying us again in the future in order that we can show you our usual excellent level of customer service.

Well I can understand why they didnt want to email you quotes Duncan from my own experience a quote was emailed I responded to it, but the cruise company had put up their prices. So I think the personal touch by phone makes sense, Also a direct dial number has its flaws, if they are not in the office I would get cheesed off ringing with no reply so being told by a colleague they are not in and when they are back makes more sense to me. I havent had reason to complain with the service I have received from them but larger companies thats not been the case

Well I can understand why they didnt want to email you quotes Duncan from my own experience a quote was emailed I responded to it, but the cruise company had put up their prices. So I think the personal touch by phone makes sense, Also a direct dial number has its flaws, if they are not in the office I would get cheesed off ringing with no reply so being told by a colleague they are not in and when they are back makes more sense to me. I havent had reason to complain with the service I have received from them but larger companies thats not been the case

I understand that - but I like written confirmation of what's been discussed.  Bolsover advertise a 'One 2 One Service'.  This page on their website makes it very clear that their customers have their own dedicated cruise consultant who will deliver their renowned service.  Sounds great, but what use is a dedicated consultant and One 2 One Service if you don't have that consultants e-mail address or telephone number?

I'm not really grieved by this so while many others clearly love Bolsover's service perhaps it's just not for me.  There are other agents out there including the cruise lines direct.  I've found one I'm absolutely delighted with who I can e-mail any time and get a quick reply or phone call when is convenient for him (if he's not at his desk) and this works well for me.  I don't want to have to explain my cruising history and my likes and dislikes every time I call to enquire.

Hi Duncan ,

I’m sorry you felt the agent didn’t care about your enquiry, it is company policy not to give quotes via email due to the cruise lines operating a fluid pricing policy, which may result in your written quote becoming invalid.

From our experience we have found we can provide a more personal service over the phone or face to face rather than by sending emails, it has proved to be a more efficient and friendly way of communicating. As we have a bespoke telephone system and call-back service in place we don’t  offer direct telephone numbers for individual consultants, as they are not manned 24-hours or when the consultant is on leave.

I do hope this won’t deter you from trying us again in the future in order that we can show you our usual excellent level of customer service.

It's not just the lack of an e-mail quote, but the idea I'm going to hand over thousands of pounds without having anything in writing from a company formally stating what they're offering is a bit much for a company I've never had dealings with.  Further, the service was quite pushy "I'll call you back at 16:00" then expecting a decision.  If no decision had been made and I wanted more time, I had to arrange a further call back from the consultant as, of course, I have no way of getting back in contact!

As I said in my reply to Cruise Chef, I'm not particularly bothered by this as I have a consultant elsewhere who is great, but I'm never one to sit on my loins and always like to give other companies a chance.  But when advertising a One 2 One service and a 'dedicated cruise professional' I expect some means of contacting them!

You never know, I may call again in the future and speak to someone, but if I get the same rushed, impersonal service it's unlikely to make me want to book.

I get what you're saying dst87, I often prefer to email people as i'm always busy during the working day its more convenient to send a quick email, but then again if i was spending ££££'s on a holiday id like to talk through it with someone so you know exactly what you're paying for! Each to their own i guess.

Whenever i need to speak to my agent at Bolsover cruise i just ring them & ask for the person by name (if its not them who's answered) and i'm put straight through to them, so when you say 'I had to arrange a further call back from the consultant as, of course, I have no way of getting back in contact!' of course you have a way of getting back in contact! You just pick up the phone it's not hard. In fact whenever i ring up they actually know who i am before i speak! I'm told its not magic its a very clever phone system, so no explaining myself or talking about likes or dislikes we just pick up from where we left off. Likewise, if no-one has answered quick enough (i'm a very bust person!) they've even rung me back.

Glad you have found an agent who you're happy with though, it makes all the difference

I get what you're saying dst87, I often prefer to email people as i'm always busy during the working day its more convenient to send a quick email, but then again if i was spending ££££'s on a holiday id like to talk through it with someone so you know exactly what you're paying for! Each to their own i guess.

Whenever i need to speak to my agent at Bolsover cruise i just ring them & ask for the person by name (if its not them who's answered) and i'm put straight through to them, so when you say 'I had to arrange a further call back from the consultant as, of course, I have no way of getting back in contact!' of course you have a way of getting back in contact! You just pick up the phone it's not hard. In fact whenever i ring up they actually know who i am before i speak! I'm told its not magic its a very clever phone system, so no explaining myself or talking about likes or dislikes we just pick up from where we left off. Likewise, if no-one has answered quick enough (i'm a very bust person!) they've even rung me back.

Glad you have found an agent who you're happy with though, it makes all the difference

Hi Matilda,

Appreciate your comments, thanks :)

I certainly asked the agent how I could get back in touch, and there was a definite 'don't call us we'll call you' vibe.  That I could call and ask for her was never explained and, frankly, she didn't seem like she was interested unless I was going to make a decision there and then.  If she'd said "Have a think and call back this number asking for me" then I would have found that perfectly acceptable, but she didn't and many call centres don't have the ability to transfer calls to a specific agent, so how am I to know Bolsover's rules?

I always speak to my agent by phone, but when there are a few offers or cruises I'm considering it's MUCH easier to fire off an e-mail where I can say exactly what I need to say and link to any deals I'm interested in, allow him to do what he needs to do in between servicing other clients, then have him call me with the answer at that point.  I don't want to spend time on the phone detailing all of the options I'm considering.

Then again, I can also understand that if you know what you're talking about and don't need additional services like flights, transfers etc. then there's no reason the whole thing couldn't be done online or by e-mail.  Still, I prefer dealing with someone by phone.

I guess first impressions matter, huh?

However, back to the original post.

We have an Eclipse cruise booked for next September with no 123Go and whenever these offers arrive I check the prices. Usually there is a hike of between £700 to £1000 pp on our price.

So, you pay pretty much what a good drinking person would pay for the privilege of 123Go.

RayO

However, back to the original post.

We have an Eclipse cruise booked for next September with no 123Go and whenever these offers arrive I check the prices. Usually there is a hike of between £700 to £1000 pp on our price.

So, you pay pretty much what a good drinking person would pay for the privilege of 123Go.

RayO

I think that's a good point that many people seem to miss.

The drinks package, gratuities etc. aren't free!  They're calculated into the price offered at the time.

I saw this with my last Med cruise in Eclipse.  Booked early with no offers and when the offers arrived the price increased by about £600 each.

I think that's a good point that many people seem to miss.

The drinks package, gratuities etc. aren't free!  They're calculated into the price offered at the time.

I saw this with my last Med cruise in Eclipse.  Booked early with no offers and when the offers arrived the price increased by about £600 each.

Agreed Duncan.  Occasionally there is a cruise where the packages make sense, but I have a feeling that Celebrity is easing their prices up by adding these benefits, then when the offer is over, the price does not go down to the initial price, it is just a bit higher.  Over time this adds up to a sizeable increase.  It pays to be an informed shopper.  We tend to book inside cabins, which do not have the benefits, then upgrade later when the deals are off if the price is right.

I Have been using Bolsover for a few years now and get a very personalised service. I have had the same cruise consultant throughout who knows myself and my family. She always responds in person to my emails and to any phone calls. Unless she is out of the office when collegues always pick up in her absence and check if I would like help at that point or wish to wait for my consultants return.

I always feel confident she is getting what I want and not what they want to sell me. They have in my family a customer for as long as I am cruising.

I think in fairness most agents give a good service, they have to if they want to stay in business. I came to Bolsover for my personal cruises when my previous agent retired and closed up shop and I have been perfectly happy with their service. No agent is perfect and mistakes can happen, however a "bad attitude" should be a sacking offence as it will put prospective customers off for life. Get it wrong the first time and there wont be a second chance.

As far as the email is concerned Duncan, is it something to do with the fact that if a quote is given in writing it forms a contract? Just a thought.

As for the original post, nothing is free, it's just included in an inflated price.

Good point Oldworldtraveller, I wouldn't think a quote given in writing would form a contract although I wouldn't know, we all know prices fluctuate and can change within the hour so your theory makes sense to me, whilst it may not form a contract I'm sure there are people who would go back days later and then be upset if the price had gone up, agents can only give us the price at the time of enquiry.

I have booked many cruise with Bolster and have been very happy with their service.

Only had one slight error with them. I requested to pay my deposit by credit card (for my club card points lol) for Anthem of the Seas next October but they charged my debit card instead. When asking for this to be changed, they said they would sort it but never did.