Check In & Boarding Time

Just heard a whisper that P&O are going to trial in the new year a system that lets you go on to your cruise personliser and choose your own boarding time, I presume from a list they give you. As part of the trial I hear that in order to get your travel documents they are forcing you to choose one of these slots.

Boarding times never really bother me, i turn up when i can get there and if I have to wait ill wait, I dont think this will change even if I have "booked" a slot.  What do you all think, is this a good idea or something that doesnt need changing, will your adere to your time slot ?

Depends how they allocate it, for instance a lot of people like to get there early I would imagine these times be the first to go?  Will you get priority in choosing your time if you are in the top tiers or suite?  Also the same if you have booked on a Select price as opposed to the saver fares?

Naturally those that use the coach services would not get a choice in this.

Think we will have to wait and see how P&O plan to roll it out.

Most people tend to turn up when they want regardless of their check-in time anyway so what difference will it make?! Things happen and it might not be possible to stick to the original time chosen, what happens then?!

I think it will be one more thing to complain about as most people will automatically go for the earlier checkin time and when those have gone they will only complain its not fair and turn up when they want anyway.

Very concerned about this, as my husband has mobility problems it is important to be able to book in when our hired driver can fit us into his schedule. He usually plans it around taking or picking people up from Gatwick so flexibility is important. We certainly couldn't plan a cruise without his assistance. I know people want to get on board  as soon as possible, but hopefully we wouldn't be turned away because we were earlier than our allocated slot.