Sting On Cunard

Passengers on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 where treated to a live performance from Sting last night.  He was showcasing songs from his musical “The Last Ship” and went down a storm for use of a better word.  Not a big fan of Sting but if I was on a cruise with somebody like this I would defiantly try my best to see them.

Passengers on board Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 where treated to a live performance from Sting last night.  He was showcasing songs from his musical “The Last Ship” and went down a storm for use of a better word.  Not a big fan of Sting but if I was on a cruise with somebody like this I would defiantly try my best to see them.

Quite correct RiverSong ...after all this is Cunard smile.png   ...Only a few months ago (and I was on it,  QM2, August 27th ) we were all treated to the Legendary James Taylor.

Guest shilly3191

Sour grapes!!!! I dont give a toss who is on Cunard have no desire to cruise with them at any time and the pretend snobs that sail with them and to put the record straight not a great fan of Sting anyway now if it was Alice Cooper that would be different but I cannot imagine he will appearing on a Cunard ship anytime soon.

i am not personally a big fan of Sting however I appreciate as a  musician he has entertained many many people over the years. I have seen lots of entertainers on board both P&O and Cunard who wouldn't have been 'my cup of tea' but in general thoroughly enjoyed them.

not everyone likes the same things - variety is the spice of life!!!!

Guest Solent Richard

Sour grapes!!!! I dont give a toss who is on Cunard have no desire to cruise with them at any time and the pretend snobs that sail with them and to put the record straight not a great fan of Sting anyway now if it was Alice Cooper that would be different but I cannot imagine he will appearing on a Cunard ship anytime soon.

Well I guess that sums up Shilly3191 - Alice Cooper?

And isn't it just amazing when the argument is lost out comes the old thinly veiled abuse.biggrin.png biggrin.png

Guest shilly3191

And isn't it just amazing when the argument is lost out comes the old thinly veiled abuse.biggrin.png biggrin.png

You are such a stuck up arrogant snob and explain to me what Alice Cooper says about me.

Guest Solent Richard

You are such a stuck up arrogant snob and explain to me what Alice Cooper says about me.

Your attention is drawn to your post/comment on Alice Cooper 29 October at 8.29 pm.

Snobbery and arrogance aside, making a comparison between Sting and Alice Cooper, I would certainly say that culturally I'm head and shoulders above you.

wink.png wink.png

Guest Solent Richard

Getting back 'on topic', we in the Meridian News region were treated to an Interview with sting alongside Queen Mary 2 at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in New York. 

It transpired that he had been over in New York working with his new Broadway show 'The Last Ship'...

http://nypost.com/2014/10/30/stings-the-last-ship-needs-to-sell-more-tickets/

Sting-in-front-of-Cunards-Queen-Mary-2-N

Guest shilly3191

Your attention is drawn to your post/comment on Alice Cooper 29 October at 8.29 pm.

Snobbery and arrogance aside, making a comparison between Sting and Alice Cooper, I would certainly say that culturally I'm head and shoulders above you.

wink.png wink.png

You are a legend in your own mind or is that a leg end. Your comment admits what I said that you really think you are something so important and better than most if not all people and a complete and utter obnoxious snob and I can assure you that you are not culturally or in any other way are you head and shoulders above me only in your tiny little mind. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Guest shilly3191

Come on the pair of you, spats aside, everybody has different tastes in music and thats why the music industry is so diverse, At least both the artists mentioned have made it big in their on right and are great performers.

I agree completely but nobody has the right to say and I quote " I would say that culturally I'm head and shoulders above you" about me and I expect a full apology. We will see if he is as brave and say that face to face to me next March when our path's cross onboard Britannia I very much doubt it he will probably be the biggest coward onboard.

Guest Solent Richard

I agree completely but nobody has the right to say and I quote " I would say that culturally I'm head and shoulders above you" about me and I expect a full apology. We will see if he is as brave and say that face to face to me next March when our path's cross onboard Britannia I very much doubt it he will probably be the biggest coward onboard.

Quite a serious accusation Shilly3191 and of course pure speculation.

Lets get one fact clear here and now - talk is cheap. My identity is here on the forum for all to see,  as it is on the Britannia Maiden 502 Facebook group of which which 'you claim' to be a member. Now if you wish to you can send me a PM through that Facebook Group to identify yourself. I will not make it public: not my scene. 

By the way, I stand by my statement on culture. Just as I stood by my knowledge of different crab dishes in two  P&O speciality restaurants.

15027284591_a2ac5dbcf8_z.jpg

(That's me and two other members of this forum are also in the picture)

Guest shilly3191

Quite a serious accusation Shilly3191 and of course pure speculation.

Lets get one fact clear here and now - talk is cheap. My identity is here on the forum for all to see,  as it is on the Britannia Maiden 502 Facebook group of which which 'you claim' to be a member. Now if you wish to you can send me a PM through that Facebook Group to identify yourself. I will not make it public: not my scene. 

By the way, I stand by my statement on culture. Just as I stood by my knowledge of different crab dishes in two  P&O speciality restaurants.

15027284591_a2ac5dbcf8_z.jpg

(That's me and two other members of this forum are also in the picture)

Grow up you immature man and reiterating your statement that you are culturally better than me shows how bad mannered and ignorant you really are and also very childish. By the way I was on Britannia maiden page on Facebook at the very concept of that page and cancelled my membership to that page but rejoined it some time ago. I dont make claims that are not true and dont have to justify if I am on that facebook page or not and certainly do not have to send you a PM to justify that I am on that page who do you think you really are you are certainly full of your self importance.

Lets hope the two members of this forum in your picture read this thread and realise what a rude, arrogant, and self important man you really are by the way you talk to peopple on this forum and that you think you are better than other people you have never met.

Guest Solent Richard

Grow up you immature man and reiterating your statement that you are culturally better than me shows how bad mannered and ignorant you really are and also very childish. By the way I was on Britannia maiden page on Facebook at the very concept of that page and cancelled my membership to that page but rejoined it some time ago. I dont make claims that are not true and dont have to justify if I am on that facebook page or not and certainly do not have to send you a PM to justify that I am on that page who do you think you really are you are certainly full of your self importance.

Lets hope the two members of this forum in your picture read this thread and realise what a rude, arrogant, and self important man you really are by the way you talk to peopple on this forum and that you think you are better than other people you have never met.

Well good morning Shilly.

It wasn't about justifying whether or not you are on that Facebook group, it was an offer to make yourself known so that i could ensure meeting you on Britannia.

As I surmised, you appear to be  not up to the challenge and so revert to abusing another member. Haven't we been there before?

Enough said.

Guest shilly3191

Well good morning Shilly.

It wasn't about justifying whether or not you are on that Facebook group, it was an offer to make yourself known so that i could ensure meeting you on Britannia.

As I surmised, you appear to be  not up to the challenge and so revert to abusing another member. Haven't we been there before?

Enough said.

I have not in any way shape or form abused any other member of this or any other cruise forum and certainly dont go on holiday to meet people like yourself and definitely dont want to meet you on Britannia and dont know what you mean by me being "not up to the challenge".smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Guest Solent Richard

I have not in any way shape or form abused any other member of this or any other cruise forum and certainly dont go on holiday to meet people like yourself and definitely dont want to meet you on Britannia and dont know what you mean by me being "not up to the challenge".smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Good morning Shilly.

Let me assure you that the feeling is mutual.

Having said that I am most grateful for your statement. At least now there will be no requirement for a post cruise statement from you that I bottled a meeting - your confirmation that your wish to remain anonymous  puts that one to bed.

biggrin.png biggrin.png