Queen Victoria

Back in June I travelled up to Liverpool to visit the QV for the day. She is a beautiful ship and as soon as I stepped onboard I knew all the preconceptions that I had were wrong. The class system is nothing that I thought, the areas that are for grill guests only have a little sign saying grill guests only nothing big or loud to say otherwise. She has a beautiful restaurant at the back with the Queens Room being one of my favourite places on the QV. The best area has to be the Library with the staircase its a must for book worms like myself biggrin.png  I only have a few pictures on my phone so will try to upload more from my day visit!!

post-70-0-89766300-1412686252_thumb.png

post-70-0-95481000-1412686258_thumb.png

post-70-0-71604300-1412686263_thumb.png

post-70-0-51208300-1412686268_thumb.png

Guest Solent Richard

Back in June I travelled up to Liverpool to visit the QV for the day. She is a beautiful ship and as soon as I stepped onboard I knew all the preconceptions that I had were wrong. The class system is nothing that I thought, the areas that are for grill guests only have a little sign saying grill guests only nothing big or loud to say otherwise. She has a beautiful restaurant at the back with the Queens Room being one of my favourite places on the QV. The best area has to be the Library with the staircase its a must for book worms like myself biggrin.png  I only have a few pictures on my phone so will try to upload more from my day visit!!

Hello Waves,great to hear from a Cunard convert.We just and only just prefer Queen Elizabeth,but would go on Victoria any day of the week.On our first Cunard cruise my wife was rather worried about the CLASS thing,Absolutely nothing to worry about is there.

Thanks for the photographs Waves.

I've sailed more times on Queen Victoria than on her sister ship Queen Elizabeth but, on balance, like Rodger, I prefer the Queen Elizabeth.

The reason is that Queen Elizabeth was a later addition and as such had her stern stateroom area extended. This gave way to more deck space which Cunard very cleverly sub divided between the Grills and Britannia guests.

In my opinion it makes a big difference, particularly on sunny sea days.

9411721777_dbdd5c3444_z.jpg 

Thanks for the photographs jaguar01, we have a three night mini cruise on Victoria booked for half term,a double first for us , first Cunard cruise and first mini cruise.I hope we get to sample a little of the Cunard brand that is available on longer cruises.

Sean

Oh dear dear dear Seanda666, alas it was not me that posted the photographs,because I am not technically capable.

The photographs were posted by Solent Richard.I would love to see his face when he finds out you have creditted me.Whoops.

Rodger

Guest Solent Richard

Oh dear dear dear Seanda666, alas it was not me that posted the photographs,because I am not technically capable.

The photographs were posted by Solent Richard.I would love to see his face when he finds out you have creditted me.Whoops.

Rodger

ohmy.png ohmy.png angry.png angry.png

I hope Seanda's expectations aren't too high for a 3 day mini trip. 

As you know Rodger, mini-cruises are fun but they are no way to get a true sample of any cruise line.

There is only one way to sample Cunard and that is a proper cruise/voyage...

9142138150_f8d161a7c8_z.jpg

9139910777_e4b8fd3895_z.jpg

Rodger

I hope Seanda's expectations aren't too high for a 3 day mini trip

My apologies Richard for not crediting  your photographs, and no my expectations are not set too high I have read enough advice on forums to realise the short cruise probably bears little resemblance to the cruse experience proper.

However I hope I am pleasantly  surprised, and go, as always with the intention to enjoy myself fully.

Sean

Guest Solent Richard

My apologies Richard for not crediting  your photographs, and no my expectations are not set too high I have read enough advice on forums to realise the short cruise probably bears little resemblance to the cruse experience proper.

However I hope I am pleasantly  surprised, and go, as always with the intention to enjoy myself fully.

Sean

No problem Seanda666.

If I can answer any questions please fire away.

After all,  We Are Cunard.