Rudeness

Guest shilly3191

sorry but I would take great offence if somebody called me a "pleb" but I am sure that those that do only do it hiding behind the internet and wouldnt dare say it to somebodies face. Being called a "pleb" is offensive and very arrogant of the person saying it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why on earth do people have to be so rude to other posters just because they might not agree with what another person says,I was under the impression that we all had our own opinions and where free to

Too much emphasis on taking offence, such sensitive folk, and not enough on enjoying banter methinks.   I haven't come across anything truly rude on here yet, though I haven't read everything.   R

On the subject of rudeness, we were flying home from the Britannia Christmas cruise the other week.  A couple were sat near us - he at the window seat on our row, she behind me in the aisle seat.  The

Posted Images

Guest shilly3191

That is exactly my point tho, why be offended by a word, if you know that you aren't a pleb then laugh it off! No one is better than you, we are all equals! We are all born and we all die, what you do in between determines who and what you are not a word! 

What a silly statement I am sure that there are many words I could say to you or your wife and you would be deeply offended I dont think it would be a case of its ok its only a word. If somebody said a deeply offensive word to me or especially the wife they wouldnt be worried about plated meals because they would be eating there's through a straw.

This is going way off the original post (just saying) but...

Terminator you are right, as always, your words mean nothing to me!  :)

Shily3191 Silly statement? Why? Please elaborate?

You obviously live your life being constantly offended by minor things and probably spend a lot of time worried what other people think, as you can see, I don't! I have far more important things in my life to think about than what other people think of me! Violence doesn't solve a thing, but, there are people in this world that obviously think it does! FYI I'm not married but in a very stable and happy relationship  :D

Hello,I have a few ambitions left,I would some day like to put a face to ron, Terminator, J dog and OWT.

On Thursday I will meet Solent Richard on QM2 so that is two down in one day.

Rodger.

Jaguar01,

Just for your pleasure my photo is in the gallery with my wife we have nothing to hide, if you click on the monkey made from a towel we will appear ;)

Hello,I have a few ambitions left,I would some day like to put a face to ron, Terminator, J dog and OWT.

On Thursday I will meet Solent Richard on QM2 so that is two down in one day.

Rodger.

Good morning Rodger,

I too look forward to meeting you as I have enjoyed meeting quite a large number who frequent this and other forums. You will enjoy meeting Richard and his wife, they are great company. Whenever I am in Southampton I always meet Richard for a pint or two. The great thing about meeting other members is that after meeting them and understanding their humour you often read their posts in a different light. Have a great cruise and look forward to hearing about it on your return.

OWT

• 1 year later...

On the subject of rudeness, we were flying home from the Britannia Christmas cruise the other week.  A couple were sat near us - he at the window seat on our row, she behind me in the aisle seat.  The evening meal had been served and we were all tucking in when she decided to retrieve something from a rucksack in the luggage bay above me.  As the lady was pulling the rucksack out of the overhead bay I was aware of sand falling over me, and my meal.  I asked the lady if she and her rucksack had been on the beach: she replied "Not today".  I asked her if it had been on a beach recently, and was told that it had been on the beach the previous day.  When I told her that sand had fallen on me and my meal I received a rather haughty "Well, I wasn't to know".  Funny, I was expecting some form of apology!!  Her husband, who had heard this conversation, turned away!   Ah well, there's still nothing wrong with cruising, but some of those who cruise perhaps need looking at .........!!!!

On the subject of rudeness, we were flying home from the Britannia Christmas cruise the other week.  A couple were sat near us - he at the window seat on our row, she behind me in the aisle seat.  The evening meal had been served and we were all tucking in when she decided to retrieve something from a rucksack in the luggage bay above me.  As the lady was pulling the rucksack out of the overhead bay I was aware of sand falling over me, and my meal.  I asked the lady if she and her rucksack had been on the beach: she replied "Not today".  I asked her if it had been on a beach recently, and was told that it had been on the beach the previous day.  When I told her that sand had fallen on me and my meal I received a rather haughty "Well, I wasn't to know".  Funny, I was expecting some form of apology!!  Her husband, who had heard this conversation, turned away!   Ah well, there's still nothing wrong with cruising, but some of those who cruise perhaps need looking at .........!!!!

I think that the airlines could help here by tightening the rules for poor behaviour on aircraft.

Regularly there is someone removing a case over another person's head, and often before the aircraft has even reached cruising height. Makes you wonder how many cases have been dropped, and how many people have been sued.

Another regular irritant for me is the person who blocks the aisle while chatting to someone they know a few rows away. Never understood why the cabin crew put up with this when it makes their job more difficult.

I feel for you Stuart C, why couldnt the person in question have waited until everyone had eaten I would have thought they would also be busy ticking in, did you manage to get a replacement from the cabin crew??

I am with Wheels on this it is time that the crew were given a break as it is not an easy job, my pet hate is as the plane is making its way to the stop the people who ignore the advice and get out of the seat to retrieve their luggage from the lockers, it makes no difference as you have to wait at the carousel for your bags anyway so why not wait until safe to do so

Guest Solent Richard

My pet hate is the person in front who, as soon as the wheels go up, has to recline his/her seat even though its obvious the meal hasn't yet been served.

I just smile at the attendant as the meal is delivered and let them do their job.

Agree 100% cruise chef - I absolutly will never understand why when the plane is coming to a stop people have to be up out of their seats asap. People are stood in the aisle faffing around with bags and the doors to the plane are not even open and steps are not there yet. I am always one of the last off the plane I just don's see the rush to get off to then stand around waiting for luggage and to get through passport control.

And when it comes to putting seats back everyone would like more room and to be more comfortable but I hate when someone in front puts their seat back straight into your face angry.png

I always end up with the person in front of me reclining the seat! More or less every time!

I think its quite inconsiderate - yes the seats recline and thats what the button is there for - but a bit of common sense wouldnt go amiss knowing that the person behind is going to be restricted! I bang the seat when im putting the tray down!