I am asking this just out of interest.

Personally don’t mind which deck I am on once you are in your cabin you could be on the lowest or highest deck.  Both have benefits but I can’t understand why some people refuse to go on a lower deck? I always found it the most stable really & convenient.

So if not why would you never travel on the lowest deck?   

2 main reasons why I prefer a higher deck.

Firstly, the view is better, especially in ports where there may be buildings blocking the scenery

Secondly, I like to have an early morning walk and that is much easier when it it is only one deck up. This is especially the case where there is no promenade deck.

Rita determines where we book as it does not matter to me. She has always been afraid of becoming sea sick so we book a cabin near the center of the ship. We started out booking the lower decks however over the years we've crept up to the higher decks to be closer to the Lido.

Hi  The position or type of cabin i have on any ship is of minor importance to my overall cruise experience.  If I consider the ship's offerings are poor, a "better" cabin isn't going to alter my impressions.  It's a personal choice but give me a cheap cabin on a great cruise line and I'll have a better vacation than the other way round.