Arcadia Cabin No: A171

We have been in a rear balcony cabin on Arcadia albeit 3 years ago nice spacious balcony and cabin.Only problem was the noise when docking due to the machinery below operating the mooring lines.other than that it was fine this noise only happened whilst docking or departing ;)

Rear facing balconies are great for the views. The balconies are not quite as long as they once were after the 2008(?) refit but still big enough, the interiors are standard. You may get some noise from the rear pool area which is only one deck up.

In the past we have opted for B and C deck cabins. As long as you don't mind being overlooked it's fine.

RayO

Cabin A171 is an excellent cabin. Had this one 2 years ago and the cabin is much bigger than the other EE grade cabins. Our table companions were in A161 and wanted to compare cabins, theirs was much smaller. The balcony is also much larger with an overhang from terrace above but with usual balcony area in the open. The only problem could be noise of sun beds being dragged across the terrace above. However this is always a problem on ships with cabins under the lido decks. We had no noise problems as our cruise was to the Arctic Circle.

I have not been in that cabin on that ship but i have been in a cabin looking over the wave before and absolutly loved it!!

loved looking where we had been. i would say the only thing is it was a little bit shady but we didnt mind that as when we wanted sun we would go up to the pool!!

Hope you have a fab time MeeMee

• 3 weeks later...

A171 was a lovely cabin, very large compared to other standard grade balcony cabins we have had on other ships. The only down side was the air conditioning which was so noisey (I purchased ear plugs on board). Later read this is a problem on Arcadia so presume this is not specific to the cabin. loved the rear view which was stunning in the Fjords.