• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just watched the recording. Oh dear!! The whole slant given was appalling. And as for the loud mouthed blonde vet, she must be the best advert for freedom dining ever. Imagine getting her and the lapd

I just thought the whole programme was misguided and somewhat pointless.  If the intention was to emphasise the effort that goes on behind the scenes and the amazing work the crew do then do just that

Hello,I cant say I have ever agreed with so many people about so many things.<br />The only thing I think people have missed is,what did those silly women think they were going to achieve with G

I have to say I agree with a lot of the previous comments if I had not cruised before I certainly would not be tempted by what I have seen so far. Princess have not done themselves any favors by allowing the program to be made in the way it has but it's typical of today;s reality shows.

Having cruised with Princess many times, in my opinion, this tv programme does not portray the 'cruising experience'.  If I had seen the programme without knowing Princess I would definitely not book with them - or, perhaps, not cruise at all !!

The programme, so far, is doing no favours for Princess or the cruising industry in terms of attracting new customers.

We have all encountered I am sure other passengers similar to the lady who has majored in the programme.  In my experience they are few and far between and easily avoided, especially on a ship the size of the one in the programme.

I was excited to hear about the programme and bitterly disappointed at the result - I am sure any of my non-cruising friends watching it will be wondering why I choose to cruise !

A 'tacky' programme for a luxury cruise line.

I think Princess have missed a good marketing opportunity. The TV coverage is not typical. As a family we love cruising but this floating holiday camp with ridiculous "antics" from the staff is cringeworthy & friends who were tempted to cruise are thoroughly put off. If we were booking for the first time we would not consider cruising.   Shame ! 

After watching the first 5 minutes, and especially now I've seen the first two episodes, the obvious question I'd love to know the answer to is: "Princess, why on earth did you agree to this?!".

I know folk say all publicity is good publicity, but surely not in this case. Did Princess have a right to veto / review before the show went out? And why on earth are they still promoting it?!

I agree with 99% of comments here in the sense that the shows do not in any way represent the Princess cruises I've experienced, and I would never go on one if I only had this show to judge by.

Appalling.

Completely in agreement with everything said - my other half taped the series for me - after I watched week one I cancelled the rest - cant bring myself to watch it even for the comedy factor and looking at the comments above - glad I chose not to.

What a shame - nothing like the cruising experiences that I have had - I dont think that this has done Princess much good - do they get to see it before it goes out?? Do they think it shows them in a good light??

The replies to this post don't really surprise us. There seems to be no sense that this is a cruise ship at all (what about all the destinations?) --- it could just as easily be a hotel, and a 'tacky' one at that. The cruise doesn't resemble the Princess cruises we've been on (albeit on smaller ships) and does this cruise line a great injustice. Awful commentary (why does everything have to be so jokey and formulaic?) and badly produced. For us, it has already joined the equally awful Fred (Balmoral) documentary a few months back......! 

i think its such a same they have made this programme in this way  as it really does not show what life sailing on princess is like. why would they put people like the couple in the first week on the show not everybody is like that and i would hate to have been sat on a table with them. i personally havent sailed on princess but have friends that have and they say its not like that, but i do think princess cruises may suffer a little after this. :(

The program was weak and an absolutely disaster

We have been on 22 cruises , on diferent ships, and none resembling the TV coverage of the Royal Princes

It will put everyone off who watches it   ie except regulars who know just how good the cruises can be

Shameful program 

Ron

My wife and I have seen 2 episodes of this program and both agree that if we had seen these before going on a cruise, we would have stayed well clear. As it happens we are shortly going on our 8th cruise, so we wonder just how many other people feel the same as we do and reading through some comments, obviously some others do,  Has the program been bad for the cruising companies ?

People should remember this has been made by a television company, if they were to make a proper programme how many people would watch.

Like most documentaries these days they always show the ridiculous side of whatever it is they are filming just to get a reaction from the public which they certainly are.

It's just a pity Princess cruises where not thoughtful of this when they agreed to this programme.

I would say a PR disaster. :wacko: 

The programme isn't proving a success with people who already cruise as you can tell from different forums. I'm sure though, like the Fred Olsen documentary, people will still be happy to book with Princess and it may even appeal to a lot of others who haven't yet tried cruising. You know what they say 'No publicity is bad publicity'. ;)  

After  telling friends,what  a good time I had on emerald princess,then watching royal princess, they would not believe me,Royal princess came over as a  poor imitation of  Cunards Q.E. SHIPS. and this programme as probily done more harm than good to princess.The Cruise director and her staff, should go and watch Kelvin.The cruise director on emerald, for lessons.

Unfortunately the programme has mainly focused on the whimsical but do people really think that all cruise ships don't have behind-the-scenes crises, deadlines, characters etc?  I have found the programme interesting and entertaining.  It's a shame that the makers have chosen to only show mainly frivolous scenarios which give only a narrow view of a cruise.

Guest shilly3191

Princess will have to get ready to drop there prices to get anyone onto these ships!

Dont think there will be a need to drop prices majority of Princess cruises are Americans and so the show will have no effect on them I have sailed with Princess and will continue to do so because they are a very good cruise experience.

Royal Princess is a beautiful ship in my humble opinion. The only downside for me was the size of the bathroom and the fact that it has old fashioned shower curtains rather than a shower cubicle.

Just as a thought, most people on this forum have cruised a few times and when they see reality programmes like this one they are inclined to compare it with their own experiences. Someone who has never cruised has nothing to compare it with so would it really deter them? Look at all the bad publicity  hotels in the sun have had yet the numbers going increase year on year.  I agree with Shilly3191, Princess is cruised mainly by people from across the Atlantic not the UK and as North America and Canada make up nearly 60% of the passenger market that is where they all aim for. So far, despite what people say on forums, the cruise management of the various cruise lines don't seem to have made many mistakes over the years as their balance sheets show. Just my opinion.