seawitch

The Cruise Ship

I found it akward to watch! I thought the ship looked beautiful, but it really did give the wrong impression. For people who havent cruised before and always say that they think cruises are stuffy and snobby, this tv show just confirmed that for them and really did focus on the wrong things! oh dear :wacko:

I just thought the whole programme was misguided and somewhat pointless.  If the intention was to emphasise the effort that goes on behind the scenes and the amazing work the crew do then do just that.  The effort of the crew was overshadowed by the calamitous characters that the programme focused on.  I really cannot understand how Princess can be satisfied with the result of the documentary.  Yes they got a great amount of viewers and yes they achieved a vast amount of impressions as Paul Ludlow put it, which is great exposure for the brand but do a world renowned cruise line like Princess really to do something like this?

I've sailed aboard Royal Princess myself and it's beautiful.  The ship is fantastic but the programme managed to make it seem somewhat cheap and tacky when it isn't in anyway.  At one point, I wondered whether I had tuned into a new series of Benidorm by accident  :)

Wow, all these comments made me laugh .. cringe worthy programme, cheesy passengers and gorgeous george ... oh ekk - certainly not a selling point, beautiful ship, portrayed in a very bad way!

Last night's episode was worse than the first. What a twit that Deputy Cruise Director is. The time may have come stop watching this for me- I just felt so uncomfortable watching it. Surely the worst advert for this cruise line. Such a shame and a missed opportunity to show their best side.

This program should be taken off air as it must be doing a lot of damage to the Princess name,

They would have been better to focus on real people (THE CREW) those passengers must be ashamed of themselves to come across like that, o god what a bunch of snobs,

If I had not done any cruising and saw that program then I would sooner stay home!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have done ten cruises to date, Princess & P&O,( not many compared to some nice people I know) and thank god we have not met snobs like that,

I often tell non-cruising friends how much we enjoy cruising but I guess they must think us mad if they have watched this and think that's how it really is.

Hello,I looked on the forum earlier in expectation,nothing,!,but now people seem to have woken up.

My mother taught me if you have nothing good to say about someone you should not say anything,sorry mum.

I watched again in awe at the total banality of it all.

If that idiot of an assistant cruise director keeps his job,let alone get promoted,then the management at Princess must be even worse than the ones I worked under for years.

I can appreciate the young girl is homesick but what a drip.Would you employ her.

Letters on a postcard please what you would like to do with that plastic pig.

Rodger

I missed last nights episode but watched the first one, dont think i missed much by the sounds of it!!

Really think Princess could have made an amazing programme and done more aout the ship! The passengers they follow all seam to be a bit loopy!!

This programme hasn't done Princess any good and, in fact, I found it a bit embarrassing!  However, don't be put off the two new ships.  My wife and I have just returned from a Med cruise on the sister ship, Regal Princess and it was absolutely fantastic. Minor irritations like people not conforming to dress codes and restaurant managers doing nothing about it; and the usual moans about paying for shuttle buses when they dock in cheaper, inconvenient berths, but otherwise it was fantastic in all areas, particularly the food and entertainment. 

The programme is entertainment of sorts but has failed as a serious advert for Princess.  The ship looked beautiful and I'm sure that most ships have their issues and characters and of course they all have their human side.  I've been on ships where the staff don't even acknowledge you, let alone interact.  I shall continue to watch the rest of the series as I have taken it for what it is and have enjoyed it so far.

The programme is entertainment of sorts but has failed as a serious advert for Princess.  The ship looked beautiful and I'm sure that most ships have their issues and characters and of course they all have their human side.  I've been on ships where the staff don't even acknowledge you, let alone interact.  I shall continue to watch the rest of the series as I have taken it for what it is and have enjoyed it so far.

Watching the second programme I did comment to my husband that I thought the crew in white were much friendlier than on P&O. It may be of course that they were on camera but I was impressed with their attitude. 

Really pleased I missed this as it sounds like the usual rubbish tv companies put out rather than the true picture, I look forward to the next episode watching shergar galloping around the prom deck ridden by robert maxwell or lord lucan

I have been on the Royal Princess and did not think it was anything like it as been portrayed on this programme personaly i think as been hammed up for the purpose of the cameras.  i watched first two episodes but will not be watching anymore!

I don't like all the obviously set-up scenes with managers fussing around stating the obvious such as "put that there", "don't forget to..." and "remember that..."

"Yeh! We do this everyday mate and we know what to do."

RayO