All I Wanted Was Some Advice.

Hello,some months ago I joined another forum ,variety and all that,I dont think it good manners to mention the name on this forum.

The said other forum is I think it is fair to say predominantly American.With the same as others a members list.

Having registered I checked the members list and my name did not appear.Curious as to why I sent them several E mails politely asking for a reason.I got no where.I am not the best with computers and get frustrated when I cant understand and get no help with explanations.To cut a long story a lot shorter than it was,I put a thread on said forum and threatening to leave if they did not help me.I bet they were quaking in their boots,jaguar01 is leaving,total panic,I wish.They did contact me eventually and the answer is:- you have to do 300 threads before you appear on the list.Fair enough but why could they not contact me with this information sooner,or it be published.

Nearly finished.

Now the E mails started to arrive.Apparantly I am Vain, suffer from OCD and am a total moron,and that was just the polite ones,vitriolic I think decribes some.I will not darken their door again.Sorry I went on.Nearly time for the football.

Now thats of my chest, if it gets rid of the smoking thread I have killed two birds with one stone.

Even on this tame forum there is a passive aggressive tendency from some. Ask a question stating certain facts then find that a reply will not try to answer your question or tell you that your facts are incorrect, but will (re)iterate the facts as they see them which don't match those that you have stated - I can give examples but best not. More understated than you mention.

I limit my publicness as you are only setting yourself up for abuse. What kind of people make such remarks amazes me. I believe that they do not perceive others on their sites as real people, just virtual people.

BTW - there will always be a smoking thread.

RayO

Even on this tame forum there is a passive aggressive tendency from some. Ask a question stating certain facts then find that a reply will not try to answer your question or tell you that your facts are incorrect, but will (re)iterate the facts as they see them which don't match those that you have stated - I can give examples but best not. More understated than you mention.

I think you are wrong about that RayO  :lol: