Ahoy

British Isles

Guest shilly3191

always a benefit to have a drinks package so nice one!! will be interested to hear what you think to cruising round our island

last thing on my list when I book a cruise is whether it has a drinks package or not not everyone drinks alcohol and can enjoy a cruise without it.

last thing on my list when I book a cruise is whether it has a drinks package or not not everyone drinks alcohol and can enjoy a cruise without it.

by the sounds of it from other posts the drinks packages dont just include alcohol though but soft drinks juices premium tea and coffee things like that, im not a big alcohol drinker but the amount of coke my partner goes through a drinks package would be beneficial :)

Not something I would ever do if I want to see UK I will travel around at my own pace. It would not feel like a real holiday to me so I will stick to going further afield.

I don't drink and wouldn't consider a drinks package, not only that but if it includes the cost of alcoholic drinks then a person wouldn't really benefit anyway… or are there different packages for different requirements?

Guest shilly3191

by the sounds of it from other posts the drinks packages dont just include alcohol though but soft drinks juices premium tea and coffee things like that, im not a big alcohol drinker but the amount of coke my partner goes through a drinks package would be beneficial :)

If you cruise with Princess you can get an ultimate soft drinks packages which includes fountain soft drinks, fruit juices, mocktails, milk shakes and hot chocolate all for just over $8pppd inc service which is fantastic value certainly think you would have to be a serious drinker to pay $49+15% service charge pppd as on Princess.

If you take the 15% service charge into account you only have just over 40$ per day to spend, if you have soft drinks, speciality coffees & a glass of wine with the evening meal & maybe one drink during the show thats probably the equivalent, so serious drinkers, I would beg to differ!!!

Guest shilly3191

Ultimate soft drinks package a much better deal at $8-05 including service charge per person per day

Guest shilly3191

If you take the 15% service charge into account you only have just over 40$ per day to spend, if you have soft drinks, speciality coffees & a glass of wine with the evening meal & maybe one drink during the show thats probably the equivalent, so serious drinkers, I would beg to differ!!!

I think you will find that the alcohol drinks package does not include service charge of 15% so making it $56-35 per person per day.

I would like to go with Hebridean, some of my friends did one last year and said the scenary was AMAZING!!

Hi Hebridean Princess is a ship I haven't sailed with but it's high on my wish list, maybe next year.  I assume as well as the great scenery they had a great time on the ship?

We did it last year on Caribbean Princess. Apart from the fact we booked it at the last minute at a bargain price, we thought it was one of the best cruises we have ever been on. (We have cruised worldwide since 1970 on more than 100 cruises). There were only 2 sea days out of a 12 night cruise so be prepared to be exhausted as there is so much to see and do in most of the ports. There is no need to go on the ship's tours as in most places there is good local transport or locally provided (and cheaper) tours. the city of Belfast put on free shuttle buses into the city centre.

We did our research before leaving home, getting train times and prices or routes to walk into the centres. Dublin is quite a walk but once out of the port is quite pleasant walking along the banks of the river Liffey. South Queensferry(for Edinburgh) involves quite a hike uphill to the railway station, but there are local cheap shuttles available. The ship docks within 10 minutes walk from Liverpool city centre and 5 minutes from the station for a train to Chester.

We were lucky with the weather too, although Guernsey was enshrouded with fog when we arrived and it poured down in Dublin. There is not much to do in Le Havre but the walk into the centre is well signposted and it is not worth the long trip into Paris but Honfleur is nearby but not too accessible by public transport.

We were considering repeating the cruise this year but prices did not come down to the same level as last year so we reluctantly decided against it.

I see P&O Cruises new ship Britannia is scheduled for a British Isles cruise in July next year. Its a twelve night cruise to/from Southampton sailing by Flamborough Head and South Shields and visiting Orkney Isles, Glasgow, Liverpool, South Cornwall, Guernsey etc. I may have missed a few ports out!

If I was going to sail around the UK i'd rather it be on a shiny new ship like Britannia.

Hello,i think i have said before my wife is quite keen to do a British Isles cruise,we came close in June.

We have look a few times at the Brittania but have decided to wait for the teething problems to have have been worked out.

By the time this cruise starts I suspect this will have happened,so maybe this is the one.

Rodger.

Guest shilly3191

I see P&O Cruises new ship Britannia is scheduled for a British Isles cruise in July next year. Its a twelve night cruise to/from Southampton sailing by Flamborough Head and South Shields and visiting Orkney Isles, Glasgow, Liverpool, South Cornwall, Guernsey etc. I may have missed a few ports out!

If I was going to sail around the UK i'd rather it be on a shiny new ship like Britannia.

Princess have for a few years done British Isles cruises throughout the summer from May to August and there has always been some great last minute deals. Next year Princess are using Royal Princess which is only 12 months old and virtually same construction as Britannia.

Much to my surprise this was one of the most enjoyable cruises I have been on. We went on the Arcadia and were very fortunate with the weather (that does make a difference). We traveled as far north as Lerwick and as far south as Guernsey. 

If you have never done this cruise and are willing to take a chance on the weather I would recommend it.

Irene

We did one with Voyages of Discovery and it was wonderful - on our experience we'd certainly recommend it. First time we'd cruised with this company and would rate them very highly.

my parents have just been to the orkney islands for a week and whilst they were there quite a few ships called in, queen victoria, msc magnifica and a princess one i cant qiute make the name of on the picture but would guess its the ruby princess. all pretty large ships for such a small island :)

I have completed several such cruises and enjoyed all of them.  I would certainly recommend Swan Hellenic and Hebridean for wonderful itineraries, and the inclusion of excursions with these two lines makes the experience even better (and not too  expensive considering the quality and variety of excursions offered).  Irish ports of call (such as Cork, Glengarriff, Killybegs, Londonderry, Belfast, Dublin and Waterford are all very interesting in very different ways and are usually very enjoyable - though you may need an umbrella.