Good News For Cheese Lovers!

I am already impressed with P&O “Food Hero’s” but they are now enhancing this further by the addition of international cheese judge & expert Charlie Turnbull.  For those who have not heard of him he runs an award-winning delicatessen I in Shaftesbury & writes regular magazine columns on the subject.

Also several times a year he will be host to beer & cheese tastings on board as well as excursions.

I can't wait to go on Britannia!

Guest Solent Richard

I am already impressed with P&O “Food Hero’s” but they are now enhancing this further by the addition of international cheese judge & expert Charlie Turnbull.  For those who have not heard of him he runs an award-winning delicatessen I in Shaftesbury & writes regular magazine columns on the subject.

Also several times a year he will be host to beer & cheese tastings on board as well as excursions.

I can't wait to go on Britannia!

Funnily enough I also read this on the internet last week.

I just love a cheese course with my evening meal and must say P&O have always been pretty good with it.

As I discovered on Ventura two weeks ago they still have the half Stilton available every evening and, much to my liking, still serve the cheese on a board where one can select which cheese one wishes at that meal.

I have found that only Cunard and Oceania have beaten P&O on selection.

Like you RiverSong, I'm looking forward to Britannia and,  thanks to Poppy, the Maiden Cruise.

Guest Solent Richard

P.S. While visiting Ajaccio on Ventura two weeks ago we visited the local Farmer's Market.

There were some outstanding cheeses on display...

14370487401_1e37b4e026_z.jpg

It's about the one thing the French still do well.

Shame it was a fly cruise otherwise we would have been bringing some home.